Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PLS MiCRO and MiCRO XL Laser Housing Platform

Quote Originally Posted by f150trk21 View Post
    whats this one weigh roughly?
    Forgot to answer this. I haven't been able to weigh the case yet, but I estimate it weighs around four to five pounds, having handled one today. I'll get a more accurate weight for you Wednesday.

In other news, this is what the MiCROs look like:

In the first photo, you might notice the beam-block. We decided to include these as they make quick work of adjusting low and high beam limits. They use two threaded holes that are spaced to be compatible with other laser safety devices.

- Jonathan

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

one of these just arrived in my mailbox!

it's beautiful. very well made and sexy. i designed the logo for the side panels and worked through a few revisions and test burns (like the small rectangular panel) with jonathan until i had a design that could be etched cleanly and accurately. he was excellent to work with and very responsive to email and irc.

i can't wait to put this together and make some light.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	di-case-parts.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	896.5 KB 
ID:	41009
    Last edited by swamidog; 11-25-2013 at 12:37.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

That "diode-mandala" is so cool! VERY swami!

it's my schematic of how laser projectors operate.

Quote Originally Posted by CountFunkula View Post
    That "diode-mandala" is so cool! VERY swami!
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Beetle powered?

Very cool!!!
    What'cha got planned to put in it?

Mine will be a low-power studio projector for programming.

Greg
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

it's going to be a pure diode RGB diode for show programming/recording and travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Displaser View Post
    Beetle powered?

Very cool!!!
    What'cha got planned to put in it?

Mine will be a low-power studio projector for programming.

Greg

got first light last night... it's still a huge work in progress, but this case is my new favorite thing..

Name:	new-di-build-17.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	231.8 KB 
ID:	41325

Name:	di-circle.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	312.3 KB 
ID:	41326
    Last edited by swamidog; 12-16-2013 at 09:58.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    got first light last night... it's still a huge work in progress, but this case is my new favorite thing..
    Wow, you're really moving along quickly! Can't wait to see the final result
    Neat!

Quote Originally Posted by laserlackey View Post
    Wow, you're really moving along quickly! Can't wait to see the final result
    the machining you guys did on these cases is really excellent. i can't wait to have this buttoned up and be piping content through it.

is there any chance that you can provide a bill of materials for recommended power switches/IEC sockets/fans/key switches/etc.?

platinum provided some, but having the list in this thread would be helpful for all builders.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    the machining you guys did on these cases is really excellent. i can't wait to have this buttoned up and be piping content through it.

is there any chance that you can provide a bill of materials for recommended power switches/IEC sockets/fans/key switches/etc.?

platinum provided some, but having the list in this thread would be helpful for all builders.
    Yes, we were actually discussing making a 1-page 'user manual' of sorts over the weekend with that information in it. Platinum was in a car accident yesterday, however, and won't be in the office for at least a few days yet. I'll see if I can find his notes on his desk. I do know that we tried to make everything as standard as possible to allow for flexibility with components, but as I've found, spec'ing components online can be quite a headache. Let me get back to you on that.
    Neat!