Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: PLS MiCRO and MiCRO XL Laser Housing Platform

Post PLS MiCRO and MiCRO XL Laser Housing Platform

The website is up at store.platinumlasersystems.com.

Here you can find info and ordering methods for the new laser housings that are being offered.

A few pics:

As an introductory offer, the first eight housings sold will come with free laser engraving on up to two external faces, in addition to connection-labeling and an aperture warning, which will be included in this offer.

Lead time on the first few orders is at 3-4 weeks.

Note: The MiCRO and MiCRO XL are out of production while we restructure a little.

- Jonathan
    Last edited by platinum; 04-19-2014 at 16:43.

The store and housings look great! Congratulations!

The first order has been submitted, and manufacturing has begun! We decided to use a laser cutter, instead of having the panels punched, for time and cost considerations. (Yo' dawg, we heard you like lasers...)

We went ahead and had a few extra made, beyond what has been ordered, so we'll have some for taking good pictures of.

Cheers,
    LL
    Neat!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

you should make a video documentary of the process and work with the lucky buyer to generate some awesome artwork for the panel sides.

Quote Originally Posted by laserlackey View Post
    The first order has been submitted, and manufacturing has begun! We decided to use a laser cutter, instead of having the panels punched, for time and cost considerations. (Yo' dawg, we heard you like lasers...)

We went ahead and had a few extra made, beyond what has been ordered, so we'll have some for taking good pictures of.

Cheers,
    LL
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Something weird about the perspective in those drawings. Maybe it's my brain playing tricks on me?

Quote Originally Posted by Photonbeam View Post
    Something weird about the perspective in those drawings. Maybe it's my brain playing tricks on me?
    Yeah I think some cad and solidworks have a problem with the "vanishing point" Point of perspective where all lines meet at the horizon. Otherwise, great work you-all

no.. it also looks weird to me.

i've seen the cases in real life. they're not something out of a lovecraft nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Photonbeam View Post
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    Yeah I think some cad and solidworks have a problem with the "vanishing point" Point of perspective where all lines meet at the horizon. Otherwise, great work you-all
    Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    no.. it also looks weird to me.

i've seen the cases in real life. they're not something out of a lovecraft nightmare.
    It's SolidWorks. We didn't pay the extra $5k to get the 'advanced rendering package.' Pfffft.

We'll have some actual pictures for everyone soon!
    Neat!

will solidworks export dxf or obj?

Quote Originally Posted by laserlackey View Post
    It's SolidWorks. We didn't pay the extra $5k to get the 'advanced rendering package.' Pfffft.

We'll have some actual pictures for everyone soon!

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    will solidworks export dxf or obj?
    Yes, most definitely! PM me
    Neat!