I had the pleasure of attending a Nightclub and DJ trade show a few months ago, as I am head of marketing for an online lighting retailer (dealer of Elation, ADJ and Chauvet etc), but also an at-home laser hobbyist. *At the convention I acquired a Medialas DAC as a cash-and-carry (under the table) purchase. When plugged in, the DAC is recognized as "Medialas USB Laser-Interface"...but I have a hunch it may be a Chinese clone since there is no logo that indicates a brand name and the person who sold it was deliberately discreet.

What are some viable (freeware) software solutions that support a Medialas DAC? If none exist, is it possible to build a driver for one of the open source freeware platforms?

I'm looking for live control of beam shows and simple animations/logos along with a standalone player that has a beat-sync tap feature. I've spent some time looking in to LFI, NLS and Laserboy but haven't determined if Medials DACs are supported.

I'm hoping to have something in place by October 19, as I have volunteered to provide a Sweet 16 laser show for a friend's daughter. I've had this DAC for months anyway...its about time I do something with it.