Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vrilda - Virtual Reality Laser Show Player

Hey I just tried this.
    I don't have an oculus but I exported an show in both 30fps and 75fps as a test and both had the same issue: a mention of an FPS drop and it playing back really laggy while flickering on and off on the virtual laser projectors.

ILDA version is 5 and my pc is a mid-high end desktop using an nvidia graphics card the actual performance of the whole enviroment to move in works just fine.
    The readme where is being reffered to is also nowhere to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    Hey I just tried this.
    I don't have an oculus but I exported an show in both 30fps and 75fps as a test and both had the same issue: a mention of an FPS drop and it playing back really laggy while flickering on and off on the virtual laser projectors.

ILDA version is 5 and my pc is a mid-high end desktop using an nvidia graphics card the actual performance of the whole enviroment to move in works just fine.
    The readme where is being reffered to is also nowhere to be found.
    Oops, guess the readme wasn't included with the installer or something, you can find it here (right click+save as): https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Gr...aster/help.rtf

Only 30fps shows are supported atm, but this will change eventually, it shouldn't be hard to support other framerates. But for now, if you try to play a 75fps show it should play very slowly.

Exactly what CPU and graphic card do you have? Are they better than the ones listed in the readme linked above? And what does the fps indicator in the corner say?

One thing you can do to improve performance is press B to disable the fog shaders. And I will add more performance options later, like custom anti-aliasing levels and resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Grix View Post
    Oops, guess the readme wasn't included with the installer or something, you can find it here (right click+save as): https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Gr...aster/help.rtf

Only 30fps shows are supported atm, but this will change eventually, it shouldn't be hard to support other framerates. But for now, if you try to play a 75fps show it should play very slowly.

Exactly what CPU and graphic card do you have? Are they better than the ones listed in the readme linked above? And what does the fps indicator in the corner say?

One thing you can do to improve performance is press B to disable the fog shaders. And I will add more performance options later, like custom anti-aliasing levels and resolution.
    Graphics card is an oldie but it's gona be replaced soon:
    Nvidia GTX 260
    Intel I7 860 (quad core)

I tried a 30fps show even single and it had that weird lag where the projectors just stuttered on and off but the actual navigating around was fast.

Error: FPS is lower then 75, this can cause playback skipping.

The FPS however is a solid 75fps all the time.

Hm, that is strange, if the FPS counter shows 75 fps it doesn't sound like it's caused by performance issues. (The warning is probably just because the fps drops below 75 for a fraction of a second every now and then)

Have you tried any other shows? Do you mind PM'ing me the ilda file so I can try to reproduce the problem? Also, if it's not too much trouble, do you mind making a recording of the issue and upload it to youtube or something so that I can get a look? For example using https://obsproject.com/

I released a new version yesterday, way overdue.

Changes:
    Update to Oculus SDK 0.6.0.1 (meaning better virtual reality performance, direct mode, etc)
    Far better laser rendering and 3D graphics in general
    (Laser shader features: Proper 4D simplex noise fog simulation, laser is brighter the closer to projector it is, laser is brighter when viewed in a more parallel than perpendicular angle to the camera, like in real life.)
    Lots of tweaks, bugfixes and optimizations

Should be a much better experience.

https://github.com/Grix/vrlss/releases/tag/v0.5.0

Looks great with the DK 2. I wish there were more laser programs that use the DK2.

Thanks!