Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coherent Fieldmaster compatible heads

ATTENTION!

If replacing the AC/DC adapter, pay super-mega-whopper special attention to the pin polarity.
    Coherent meters have a habit of being centre -ve. I don't know if the FM is also in this (common) Coherent cohort.

Beware!

Edit: Whoops, I've just seen Krazer had already mentioned this; I'll be quiet now.
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    ATTENTION!

If replacing the AC/DC adapter, pay super-mega-whopper special attention to the pin polarity.
    Coherent meters have a habit of being centre -ve. I don't know if the FM is also in this (common) Coherent cohort.

Beware!

Edit: Whoops, I've just seen Krazer had already mentioned this; I'll be quiet now.
    I'm not entirely sure how i find out. I'll take a look at the fried PSU tonight. I'm pretty sure these things usually have the polarity marker on the back.
    It would be nice, but if i can't find a replacement it's ok. All the supply does, apart from save batteries is power the backlight. I'll give Coherent UK a ring this afternoon to find out how many millions it is for a new one

Just take a look where the battery +ive track goes in relation to the input jack. Any excuse to open stuff up

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Beware and get the expensive Coherent power supply. I nearly got fired over killing a meter by using an incorrect supply long term. I killed the rechargable pack and it took a sensor head with it,. Supply had correct rating and polarity. It's ratings matched the marking on the dead Coherent supply, which had a hidden current limiting function. Killing the meter was not the issue, loosing a service call because of a dead meter was the issue.