Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coherent Fieldmaster compatible heads

Default Coherent Fieldmaster compatible heads

Anyone know what detectors (LM, PM?) are compatible with a Coherent Fieldmaster FM.
    Coherent's literature appears to say they use smart head detectors.
    Any help is appreciated
    Ade

I'm not 100% sure about this, but it was my understanding the FieldMaster only works out of the box with the FM heads.
    There was an adapter available that lets you use LM series heads available at some point, me thinks.

If you ever want to test the meter on some LM heads; I've got several here if you're ever passing.

Edit: LM sensors will work fine without the adapter (the adapter was for the FieldMate).
    Offer still stands if you want to test some LM sensors just to make sure.
    Last edited by danielbriggs; 10-02-2013 at 03:42.
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    I'm not 100% sure about this, but it was my understanding the FieldMaster only works out of the box with the FM heads.
    There was an adapter available that lets you use LM series heads available at some point, me thinks.

If you ever want to test the meter on some LM heads; I've got several here if you're ever passing.

Edit: LM sensors will work fine without the adapter (the adapter was for the FieldMate).
    Offer still stands if you want to test some LM sensors just to make sure.
    Thanks matey

I am fairly sure the fieldmaster works with LM series thermopiles (the position sensing type) , or the LM-2 silicon/germanium detectors (non position sensing), and maybe LM pulse heads (LM-Px ones). Also watch out, about half of coherent's meters have the DC jack wired backwards (center negative) and none of them have reverse polarity detection.

If you need a sensor, I can look around I think I have a spare LM-30 head that I am looking to sell

Each of the heads has a EEPROM on it with calibration so the meter knows how to read the data. There are adaptors for BNC input type heads. I have one of those in my box of stuff but only have the PM-1K (Power Max) to use with a Fieldmax Top the connections to the meter are a DB-25. I wish I had a PM-10 or PM-3 sometimes as the PM-1K is a bit bulky.

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Thanks for all the advice guys

Plebs question.
    The LPM arrived
    Just one thing, PSU states 120vac input (U.S plug). Can this be used with an adapter?

EDIT:
    Just answered my own question with a bang from the PSU (plugged into an RCD). Damn
    Last edited by RGbee; 10-17-2013 at 05:15.

Adrian,
    Such a chop...
    Go sit in the naughty corner.
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Absolutely, Lol,
    Luckily it was just the power supply. The meter wasn't plugged in, and it runs off two 9v batteries so at least it runs

Ooops!
    I managed to find a compact 240-110 transformer (1kVA) on ebay for less than £50. Saying that, you may as well get a 240v PSU now

Keith