Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jenoptik JenLas D2 3W Laser Heads

Default Jenoptik JenLas D2 3W Laser Heads

I got a lot of these really nice 3W green thin-disk DPSS laser heads. One's on eBay now starting at $99

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251350945422

I also got a bunch of Lightwave Half-Note lasers, but I haven't found time to check them out yet. Hopefully some time this week.

!!!!!

what can we expect modulation wise?
    "its called character briggs..."

The manual (see link in listing) says 20KHz. Depends on the driver of course. I'll do some testing with the drivers I have here and see how it does.

Quote Originally Posted by LaNeK779 View Post
    !!!!!

what can we expect modulation wise?

I may not be able to afford one (or justify the shipping to UK even) but I really like the look of that.

That looks like a really good deal!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I would think so as well, presuming it is what I think it is. Being still somewhat the newbie on lasers I'm not familiar with, is this hypothetically worthy of putting into a projector or beam table with just the addition of drivers/power supplies and have 3 decent watts of green? Or, is this just something a laser junkie is more interested in fiddling with for just a dot on the wall or melting a hole in a CD case or, like holography or something? 3+ watts at a present $100 plus driver cost seems stupid cheap. Is it "useable" for anything practical? Just wondering if I should be jumping on this. I don't know what is meant by "thin disc".

^ What he said. I too am curious about 'thin disc'; If it's anything like 'thin mints', I'm sure it's a winner!!

Can't beat thin mints for lasing. First, you need the population inversion, which means my feet slightly higher than my head, ideally. After a few thin mints I lase like there's tomorrow forever. But the less said about the stimulated emissions, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    Can't beat thin mints for lasing. First, you need the population inversion, which means my feet slightly higher than my head, ideally. After a few thin mints I lase like there's tomorrow forever. But the less said about the stimulated emissions, the better.
    I literally just laughed out loud. :-D

Just doing my bit for 'After Eight' public relations. Such high class mints.. Seriously though, my next pack of those is WELL overdue.