Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TTL to Analog

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Just be sure it is a highside driver. For one of my green TTL conversions I had to use lowside and I currently know of no others but the die4drive
    I dont get what ya mean with highside driver? as is float-high?
    Sorry for that
    Philipp Wetter

Quote Originally Posted by JRGixxerfreaK1 View Post
    I dont get what ya mean with highside driver? as is float-high?
    Sorry for that
    If it is driven controlled from the anode or cathode side. With the trianglelights greens common on eBay a couple years back the Vcc was tied to the anode using a lowside driver it was controlled from the cathode side.

Basically the side the current is controlled from.
    leading in trailing technology

OK so another related question. After reading about general analog modulation behavior in general, it sounds like usually there is a point where the laser just stops. It is hard to phrase this question, but here is a shot.......
    OK in general if I am analog modulating a laser using a scale of 0 to 256. The output decreases normally from 256 down to 40 where at 40, it just turns off.
    Does the decrease in output decrease in a linear fashion? e.g. 100mw at 256, 50mw at 128, and then it would be around 16mw right before it turns of at 40
    Or does it ramp down in output at a different ratio?

I hope this question makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    OK so another related question. After reading about general analog modulation behavior in general, it sounds like usually there is a point where the laser just stops. It is hard to phrase this question, but here is a shot.......
    OK in general if I am analog modulating a laser using a scale of 0 to 256. The output decreases normally from 256 down to 40 where at 40, it just turns off.
    Does the decrease in output decrease in a linear fashion? e.g. 100mw at 256, 50mw at 128, and then it would be around 16mw right before it turns of at 40
    Or does it ramp down in output at a different ratio?

I hope this question makes sense.
    Depends on the linearity of the driver.

The word you might be looking for is the bias turn on current to get it to laze.
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Depends on the linearity of the driver.

The word you might be looking for is the bias turn on current to get it to laze.
    How does beam suppression fit into this? Is this just for pre-lasing light output?