Thread: Nine Inch Nails - Tension 2013 Tour

Default Nine Inch Nails - Tension 2013 Tour

Anyone here know who is doing the lighting for Nine Inch Nails on this tour? I just saw Trent in cleveland Saturday, and the lighting and video blew me away. Talk about overkill. Each track was like a completely different lighting rig. A combination of LED scrims, LED wash moving heads on wenches, the whole thing was pretty intense. I have to say though, my favorite part was Head Like a Hole. No holds barred white. So much white you couldn't see the band.

Quote Originally Posted by silentgloves View Post
    ...LED wash moving heads on wenches, the whole thing was pretty intense.
    I bet. Makes the old punk shows I went to seem very restrained, despite the wenches.. Despite my liking of lasers, I think at times that Iggy Pop's ideas of stage lighting count for a lot. Whatever happened to 'less is more?' Talkign of industrial, I'm on the wrong side of an ocean to have any chance of seeing Bile play, but they too like a minimal thing, at least, in comparison.. Incidentally, Bile have more than a passing influence on that avatar of mine...

Hahaha *winch.

There were a couple wenches too, though.

Thought so. Winch. Didn't want to spoil it though, very picturesque the first time round.

Lightbulb

hey sg -

Awesome.. Favor? Next time you go see the show, could you pass a note to Mr. Reznor for me? -

Dear Mr. Trent -

We really love your music.. Please come see our little laser-show.. ie:

...we did to some of your music.. We're probably going to be playing our 'NIN' show in November, in honor of your Tour. You can come see it, here: http://www.chabotspace.org/laserium.htm ...Maybe you could even play at this venue, as it has a small stage. Lots of people like your music in Oak-land. I'm sure there will also be lots of pretty girls, there, too.

Sincerely,
    Laserium

....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so.
    Bertrand Russell

Quantum Lasers & Visuals