Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need help again beam combine

Default need help again beam combine

any idea how to combine 3x red 638nm modules in to one i have cube but i cant join 2 beams in to one with same direction i want use beam corection optics on the very end thanks all for help

about the only way would be to knife edge 2 beams and PBS cube combine them with the thrid. Even still, for using corrective optics on the final beam, you are going to need to use a waveplate for one of the beams before the cube.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    about the only way would be to knife edge 2 beams and PBS cube combine them with the thrid. Even still, for using corrective optics on the final beam, you are going to need to use a waveplate for one of the beams before the cube.
    IMO you be better stacking 2 then wave plate and pbs in the third. Because of the fast axis it makes more sense to stack one over the other instead of knifing.
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    IMO you be better stacking 2 then wave plate and pbs in the third. Because of the fast axis it makes more sense to stack one over the other instead of knifing.
    At that point, would he be better stacking all 3 and eliminating the wp and pbs and saving some power?

and any idea where i can get knife edge with mounts a wave plate?

Quote Originally Posted by stanleydj View Post
    and any idea where i can get knife edge with mounts a wave plate?

Where are you located?

Also the setup is very tedious and time consuming. You will need 3 Centering mounts with 2mm FL lens $125 X 3, (this would include diode mount, lens and barrel, correction lens and mounts) all X 3 so you would have a extra set of correction lens. You will then need a waveplate ($50) and a rotating mount for it. (yes you could glue it once you find the sweet spot, but the proper mount will set you back about $100 (used on ebay), you will then need the flexmounts to properly stack the diodes, also a custom machined shim to offset the diode height on the stack ($50 and find a machinist), and a BBPBS ($50), suitable driver ($50), diodes $55X3

Then if your first time hours and hours of setup.

I may have left some stuff out but this is the basic kit to get you started http://lasershowparts.com/store/inde...&productId=308

Just to put in perspective by the time your done with parts, misc supplies etc. expect to spend near $1000 on this module and if it is your first rodeo perhaps not with pleasant results. Not trying to scare you as it can be done and has, I have several times. You should also add a spatial filter to clean up the edges and give you a wingless dot. This alone can run from $50 ~$700 dollars depending on if you use translation stage and what type pinhole.

This is a 4 X crossing the beams no waveplate. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	941686_559488124074617_1555618238_n.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	40524 This is a dual setup with pinhole, not fully complete, also includes a 445 and a 405 combined on dichro. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1240298_620869144603181_1989321451_n.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	106.8 KB 
ID:	40525
    Last edited by polishedball; 10-17-2013 at 05:16.

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    At that point, would he be better stacking all 3 and eliminating the wp and pbs and saving some power?
    It is usually too tall for most correction optics and you will land more square on the galvos using the PBS.

all what i need at the moment is 2 wave plates a 4 mount with knife mirrors i cant find them on ebay any bode have some used stuff? for good value?

Why 2 wave plates? With 3 lasers you should only need 1. Even if you were going to do a quad, you'd still only need 1.

Quote Originally Posted by stanleydj View Post
    all what i need at the moment is 2 wave plates a 4 mount with knife mirrors i cant find them on ebay any bode have some used stuff? for good value?
    Did you even read what I wrote or answer my questions. How can you ask what you need, then tell us all you really need. I'm outta this thread.