Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advanced / Technical discussion forum defaults to alphabetical order. Can't change!

Exclamation Advanced / Technical discussion forum defaults to alphabetical order. Can't change!

Anyone else notice this?

The Advanced / Technical Discussion forum will always open with the posts in Alphabetical order. Even if you switch it to "show last thread first", when you go back to the page it's back to Alphabetical order again.

I've checked my user prefs, and it's set to read all forums as last thread first. Also, this is the only forum that it does that on. (Note this is also the forum that had the missing skin problem, but it only showed up when using IE.) I'm on IE now (at work)...

Adam

Thumbs up

I don't go in there much but yes, I went in and it is alphabatized... sort my last post, go into a thread and come back out, alphabatized it is... Seems like the only one to me though. I have a habit of using the new posts link... So I do notice the threads like that.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Works great for me. At first it was alphabetized, but sorted it with the button, and it's been sorted chronologically ever since. I use firefox though, that may be an issue
    Remember the future?, That'd today, as you imagined it yesterday.

Well, after trying again, I found out that I do have this problem too. I can't say if it just appeared out of the blue, or if I had it before and didn't notice. The fact is I tried to sort it chronologically and it went back to alphabetical order when I refreshed the page.

Strange thing

At least you're not alone Adam
    Remember the future?, That'd today, as you imagined it yesterday.

Cool

Nice to know I'm in good company.

Any ideas on what's causing this, Spec?

Edit: Just noticed that it's working correctly now. hmmm... Did you change something?

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 02-13-2007 at 12:55.

Edit: Just noticed that it's working correctly now. hmmm... Did you change something?
    There Be Ghosts In This Database...

I haven't changed any settings yet because I cant seem to find the right ones. "Forum management > Forum sort order" doesn't appear to work as expected.

Unless I can track down this merger bug it looks like its going to be a "set where Pants = On.Floor ; On.floor where In.hamper 1" database style modification.

I'll have to check the logs. Funny how this is the only forum where issues have cropped up even though they were all imported using the same options.

Thumbs down Advanced Technical Discussion forum posts still coming up in Alphabetical order...

Well, the ghosts are back. The problem with the post order still exists, at least when using IE v 6, which is what I'm stuck with at work.

Adam

im getting this issue, im using firefox 2.0.0.1... Love the spell check in this version of firefox btw
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Freaking nightmare that one was. I think I got it.

Yup , looks good now
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/