Thread: DutchLEM Marrum (3 days!) VOTE: 17-19 OR 24-26 January 2014 ?

Default DutchLEM Marrum (3 days!) VOTE: 17-19 OR 24-26 January 2014 ?

Hi Guys,

As discussed during the last UKLEM i want to organise another 3 day LEM in Marrum (Friesland) again.
    We aimed for the first weekend of February 2014 but there is a Billiards tournament then, so we can go 1 week earlier or 2 weeks earlier.
    I know this kinda interferes with McCarrot's plans, but we aimed for this date to have some space between his LEM (originally planned for October 12) and the following UKLEM in April (so we can have some attendees from the UK as well).
    And i already submitted my plans during the UKLEM in September, not knowing the McCarrot Dutchlem would be cancelled ofcourse.

If we move later, we are too close to the UKLEM so chances are people don't want to come over, since they are only "allowed" a certain amount of LEM time ;-)

Therefor i have contacted the caretaker and asked for these 2 weekends before the original idea of 1st weekend of february, also since my buddies Stanwax and Kevski go skiing in the second half of February, and i hope they can be present too !

I hope people can indicate if they can make it here on the DOODLE link.
    Mind you it only says Friday as the start date, but i need to know which weekend to book with Fred the Caretaker.
    So voting for 17th means the weekend from friday 17th until sunday 19th. SO also if you only am able to make it Saturday and sunday the 18th and 19th for example, please vote for friday the 17th then, so i know which weekend is convenient the most for you people !

http://doodle.com/9ytiiwityzvz2qkw

The LEM will be held in an old school building, we will have a big hall (8x25m including a stage to put the truss/lasers on), a bar area including tabletop tennis/billiard, a side room for presentations / tinkering, and 3 classrooms to sleep in or presentations.
    A supermarket is around the corner 500m away, as are a bank (ATM) and a chinese restaurant, a snackbar and pizza can be ordered online/phone.

I don't want to have a show only LEM, ofcourse shows can be played, but if people want to work on new modules all weekend, or need advice from any of the "senior" laserbuilders do bring your stuff so we can upgrade your projector, build new modules or work on other electronics projects.
    There is lots of room to build and show stuff, so do come also if your not interested in a Coloursoup all weekend, or hate to hear Standing in Motion ;-)

We can maybe make 1 classroom the builders place (similar to "the Kitchen" at the UKLEMs ;-)

Any suggestions or recommendations ? Please leave a remark here. When a date has been set i will edit this post or make a new one !
    Hope many friends from the UK are able to make it also to this LEM. Either by car and finally show off their builds to the Dutch people, or by plane (i can arrange for transportation from Schiphol to my house, please if you fly adjust with the other UK members, so i can pick you up in 1 go...)
    Also for the UK members i will arrange airbeds and stuff, so you only have to bring a sleepingbag.
    Last edited by hobbybob; 10-21-2013 at 03:51.
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Default DUTCHLEM, voted !

vote submitted, since it is a next year event my calendar is still open for both dates, looking forward and put a reminder in my agenda.

Michel

Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    Hi Guys,

As discussed during the last UKLEM i want to organise another 3 day LEM in Marrum (Friesland) again.
    We aimed for the first weekend of February 2014 but there is a Billiards tournament then, so we can go 1 week earlier or 2 weeks earlier.
    I know this kinda interferes with McCarrot's plans, but we aimed for this date to have some space between his LEM (originally planned for October 12) and the following UKLEM in April (so we can have some attendees from the UK as well).
    And i already submitted my plans during the UKLEM in September, not knowing the McCarrot Dutchlem would be cancelled ofcourse.

If we move later, we are too close to the UKLEM so chances are people don't want to come over, since they are only "allowed" a certain amount of LEM time ;-)

Therefor i have contacted the caretaker and asked for these 2 weekends before the original idea of 1st weekend of february, also since my buddies Stanwax and Kevski go skiing in the second half of February, and i hope they can be present too !

I hope people can indicate if they can make it here on the DOODLE link.
    Mind you it only says Friday as the start date, but i need to know which weekend to book with Fred the Caretaker.
    So voting for 17th means the weekend from friday 17th until sunday 19th. SO also if you only am able to make it Saturday and sunday the 18th and 19th for example, please vote for friday the 17th then, so i know which weekend is convenient the most for you people !

http://doodle.com/9ytiiwityzvz2qkw

The LEM will be held in an old school building, we will have a big hall (8x25m including a stage to put the truss/lasers on), a bar area including tabletop tennis/billiard, a side room for presentations / tinkering, and 3 classrooms to sleep in or presentations.
    A supermarket is around the corner 500m away, as are a bank (ATM) and a chinese restaurant, a snackbar and pizza can be ordered online/phone.

I don't want to have a show only LEM, ofcourse shows can be played, but if people want to work on new modules all weekend, or need advice from any of the "senior" laserbuilders do bring your stuff so we can upgrade your projector, build new modules or work on other electronics projects.
    There is lots of room to build and show stuff, so do come also if your not interested in a Coloursoup all weekend, or hate to hear Standing in Motion ;-)

We can maybe make 1 classroom the builders place (similar to "the Kitchen" at the UKLEMs ;-)

Any suggestions or recommendations ? Please leave a remark here. When a date has been set i will edit this post or make a new one !
    Hope many friends from the UK are able to make it also to this LEM. Either by car and finally show off their builds to the Dutch people, or by plane (i can arrange for transportation from Schiphol to my house, please if you fly adjust with the other UK members, so i can pick you up in 1 go...)
    Also for the UK members i will arrange airbeds and stuff, so you only have to bring a sleepingbag.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Michel Rietveld @ Utrecht The Netherlands

FB3, BEYOND Ultimate, 3xFB4, apc 40

1x5W RGB 637nm 1.3W, Edison Blue 2.5W 445nm and CNI 2.5W 532nm Greenie with Pico driver with DT40Kpro scanner set

2x3W RGB DT30 scanner set

I shall check with misses boss, but either if fine with me.

UPDATE, Mrs boss have given permission for me to play, either date is good, once a date has been confirmed I will book my flight or if any UK members are driving maybe bum a lift, and help towards fuel cost's.
    Last edited by tonyaztec; 10-21-2013 at 07:23. Reason: Status update.
    Squat that bug,

One day I'll finish my build.
    https://www.facebook.com/Azteclasers?fref=ts

I won't miss this certainly want to be at the LEM again.
    I'll hold the dates free.

Currently I have no preference of date so either one is fine.

6 people have cast their votes and 6 people say either date is fine.
    So i will contact Fred tomorrow and set a date, preferably the weekend 24th of january.
    Will let you all know if i have set the date!
    I didn't fail !

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

I will have to let this one pass... exams
    (both dates don't work out)

I would have preferred in februari...
    Januari is a very difficult month.
    Trying to create a good diode mount....

Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    6 people have cast their votes and 6 people say either date is fine.
    So i will contact Fred tomorrow and set a date, preferably the weekend 24th of january.
    Will let you all know if i have set the date!
    Great, really looking forward to it.

Just phoned the caretaker to ask to reserve the weekend of 24-26 january for us.
    I will receive a confirmation tonight.

Thanks everyone looking forward to it very much !
    When confirmation is in , i will make a new Dutchlem announcement !
    I didn't fail !

Thanks for info.