Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wanted. Hologram of a ground glass plate.

If what you want in your Holographic Optical Element is what I think you want (and I could be way off base!) it could be done in a Single Beam Reflection style, using the ground glass, having been metallized, as the object.

So it might be possible for you to make this hologram yourself! Sounds to me like you have the lasers, and probably a vibration isolation table at your place of business.

Then all you need are some recording material, and Harman Technology/Ilford makes holography plates, (Holo Fx, for either red or green lasers) available from B & H photo video, and the processing chemistry is available from Photographers’ Formulary.

I could lead you through the steps if you would like, please PM me through this forum so we can talk about the details.
    I know what I want and I know how to get it
    I want to destroy passersby! - Sex Pistols

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I have the 15 mW ulaser, however I'm on the road now, so no access to tables. Yep, I just want to see if this works as a HOE, I'm curious.

Its the exposure time/development that worries me, which is why I wanted a experienced person to try this. Some one who knows their emulsion. Would it not be easier to just have some one do it, on a day when they are already exposing and have the juices mixed?

Once upon a time I shot crossed Phase Gratings and Zone Plates at the old job, but that was long ago, and used Rose Bengal in a self developing Polymer with 365 nm etalon stabilized Argon. That setup is long gone, the laser was killed by a student after I left..

I can get the glass metalized, I think....

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Hey Steve, I'll be setting up to make some really special transmission holographic diffusers in the next few weeks. Probably end up with a few you can play with.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

That would be really cool.

Thanks.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...