Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Attempting a Blender to DXF or SVG animation exporter plugin for Blender 2.6

@pjgfi:
    could you send me the blend file? then I could check this...

@TL : file sent !

@magnus : thanks for the info !

I found it, it was a bug in my viewport clipping code...

Additionally you can select now a group to include/exclude from the rendering:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unbenannt.png 
Views:	50 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	42986
    This is perfect for rendering complex animations for 2 or more projectors...

New version: Download
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Unbenannt.png  

Quote Originally Posted by magus View Post
    I didn't know you needed your own viewport clipping code, nice to know I was wrong that it was a Freestyle bug and it has been fixed already.
    this is a little bit complicated, I think the long lines are really a freestyle bug... but this is corrected by my viewport clipping. I had to do this since freestyle does no exact viewport clipping (only lines completely outside from the viewport are clipped). In my clipping code was a bug which was triggered when the second point of a clipped line was inside the viewport...

It's perfect now, many thanks !

great examples!

I will have a look the next days...

Quote Originally Posted by dream View Post
    Oh, almost forgot. When making these I noticed one bug. Check example "0 - object and camera animations" ILD file. Frame 31, 32, 132 etc.
    Basically in some frames one point hides. I think maybe the last point doesn't get written for some reason.
    This is also noticeable in other examples, like "8 - curve path modifier", "2 - bone animation"

could you show me a frame, where this happens?
    in the example "8 - curve path modifier" the first frame?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unbenannt.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	3.5 KB 
ID:	43003

To get the gap closed, you the "face smoothness" option in freestyle...

Oh, almost forgot. When making these I noticed one bug. Check example "0 - object and camera animations" ILD file. Frame 31, 32, 132 etc.
    Basically in some frames one point hides. I think maybe the last point doesn't get written for some reason.
    This is also noticeable in other examples, like "8 - curve path modifier", "2 - bone animation"

here's a good explanation for this: http://freestyleintegration.wordpres...ovember-15-28/

regarding the materials inside a mesh, currently I've no idea how freestyle decides which material to take... I will have a look at this...
    Seems to fix it.
    Really slows down rendering though.

What does it do to fix it btw? I'd like to add this info to the manual but I have no idea how to explain what the problem is and how that option fixes it.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

I noticed that too and made a bug report: https://developer.blender.org/T43082

"The reported behaviour of the SVG exporter is a feature and not a bug. The rationale is that individual lines in an exported figure are SVG paths, each of which can have a fixed color, transparency, and line width. Hence only the base line color, alpha and thickness specified in a line style are applied to SVG lines. All modifiers for these line properties are simply ignored. On the other hand geometry modifiers are taken into account."

So, unfortunately, they won't implement colours, because svg strokes can only have one colour. Somebody might alter it so that for each stroke, the material colour is used instead of the Base Color as it currently is (hint to the python guys...)

I couldn't get the DXF animation plugin to work with 2.73 so had to downgrade. But it could be I simply messed up when installing...