Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Attempting a Blender to DXF or SVG animation exporter plugin for Blender 2.6

yes some things changed in the blender API, so here is a new version for 2.73
    dxfWriter_0.0.8.zip

hello, sorry to bother, but i've been installing the py scripts like you said, but the menu doesn't show up in blender : it said in the txt file that it should be installed in styles_modules dir, but in blender 2.73 or 74, there is the freestyle dir, then two dirs : styles and modules, i've tried both but nothing happen.
    and for the : - install "dxfWriterGUI.py" as AddOn and enable it
    please could someone help me how to do that ?
    thanks a lot, i've use many 3D apps since 3Dstudio but never blender, could someone help me with the correct paths and module activation, i'm dying to use it, thanks so much for the creation of this plug, it will save my laser life with 3D !!

Hi pitipulet,

did you install the "dxfWriterGUI.py" as addon and enable it? See this post how to do this.
    And the addon is only visible when "dxfWriter.py" is assigned as style module in "Python scripting mode".
    I've just double checked it, it does work this way with 2.74.

Quote Originally Posted by pitipulet View Post
    hello, sorry to bother, but i've been installing the py scripts like you said, but the menu doesn't show up in blender : it said in the txt file that it should be installed in styles_modules dir, but in blender 2.73 or 74, there is the freestyle dir, then two dirs : styles and modules, i've tried both but nothing happen.
    and for the : - install "dxfWriterGUI.py" as AddOn and enable it
    please could someone help me how to do that ?
    thanks a lot, i've use many 3D apps since 3Dstudio but never blender, could someone help me with the correct paths and module activation, i'm dying to use it, thanks so much for the creation of this plug, it will save my laser life with 3D !!

hmm, this is very strange... I was using 0.0.8 with Blender 2.74 all the day and had no problems. Could you send me your blend file to test?

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Quote Originally Posted by magus View Post
    Do you or does anybody have a copy of this tutorial? maguslasers.net is down...

Hi TL, thanks for this. Have you tested with latest Blender? I think freestyle has had some changes.

yes, it still works in 2.77a... :-)
    There's a warning "ID user decrement error: MAstroke_material (from '[Main]'): 0 <= 0!" inside Blender but this is a blender bug, see https://developer.blender.org/T48045

Thanks for mentioning it is just a warning message.

FYI, Anyone that might be looking for the tutorials for this plug in and is finding a lot of dead links, here are some PDF tutorials that are current.
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/dxf...iles/tutorial/

When any part of your mesh is outside of camera's view, nothing gets rendered. Is this a bug or something I have to change in the settings?