Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st post!!!

Ha! Welcome TJ, always enjoyed reading your posts on the other forum, how you stick around here a while!

Thanks DZ.

Awesome space pix in your profile. One day I'll break down and buy a decent telescope. There is a lot of light pollution in my area tho.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK

Holly Crap....
    ROFLMAO.....

Good to see you here TJ. Try to be gentle with us...
    There are a lot of very knowledgeable and helpful members on PL.
    I'm sure you will like it here...

BTW... you've never made me mad... but you made be bust a gut
    on quite a few occasions...

Jerry
    Last edited by lasersbee; 11-28-2013 at 03:31.
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions

What's up brother from another mother!!!

Yeah these guys are very smart. Its going to take me a few months to absorb enough just to throw an educated comment in here, and there. But it beats trying to teach kids which way the battery goes in, LOL.

Thanks for popping in Jerry.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Quote Originally Posted by TechJunkie View Post
    Thanks DZ.

Awesome space pix in your profile. One day I'll break down and buy a decent telescope. There is a lot of light pollution in my area tho.
    Thanks! I haven't had my scope out in a long time, years. Now photos are done with digital cameras, all my photos (except for the the Mars pic) were on emulsion film with exposures anywhere from 10 to 60 minutes. The nice thing about digital is instantly knowing if the photo was any good, with the emulsion film I'd take about 4-8 shots a night, send the roll off to be developed and in a few days find out if I was lucky enough to get one good pic!

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Thanks! I haven't had my scope out in a long time, years. Now photos are done with digital cameras, all my photos (except for the the Mars pic) were on emulsion film with exposures anywhere from 10 to 60 minutes. The nice thing about digital is instantly knowing if the photo was any good, with the emulsion film I'd take about 4-8 shots a night, send the roll off to be developed and in a few days find out if I was lucky enough to get one good pic!
    I didn't know there was a fellow astronomer on this forum. What hardware are you using? I have a 114mm Newtonian.

A very "blonde" new friend recently commented seeing my scope in the billiards room "I have always been interested in Astrology".... :face palm:
    This space for rent.

Dnar, there are actually quite a few astronomers on this forum. For all my photography I use a Celestron C-8, with an off-axis guide assembly to manually guide the scope during exposure. You couldn't hardly breathe on the scope during exposure but always had to have an eye in the eyepiece! I even got into hypersensitizing film, sorta like black magic but it was amazing how well it worked!

I also have an 8" dobsonian that I built from scratch. Spent about 3 months forming an polishing the primary. It was a lot of work but rewarding.

Gotta chime in on the astronomy list, but primarily solar since 2000. Here's a link to an article I wrote describing my portable heliostat mounted H-alpha filtered system.

http://web.ebscohost.com/ehost/pdfvi...&vid=2&hid=127

Dead Link Bob.

I hope everyone had a good T-Day weekend.!!