Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st post!!!

Cool 1st post!!!

Hi all,

Many will remember me from LPF. This can be good, and bad at the same time, LOL .

The good part was that I learned a lot about lasers there, made great friends, and had a lot of laughs.

The bad part is I can be kind of a verbal assassin. I used to love heavy debate, and antagonisation. In the town I grew up in, and at the family level this was the norm. I've had 40+ years experience to sharpen my skills. We never took anything serious though. It was always sh*ts, and giggles. Apparently the internet is to serious for some to handle.

On the other hand I've always been honest, helpful, and funny. I've never taken advantage of anyone, and always gave more than I've taken. I'm sure there are plenty of members here that can attest to that.

Anyway... I really dont want to argue anymore. Its a waste of time, and energy. I'm sure there will be a few here still clinging to the past, but this is the last time I will discuss it at any level. I will not bring that world here. If I've made you mad, or disrespected you in the past then I sincerely apologize. I've always been a person who looks forward not backward. If you cant leave the past behind then its yours to carry.

I still love lasers, and any kind of lighting in general. Although I do own a few high-end custom pointers, my real love is light, and using the effects of it for artistic expression. I've been doing this since I was a boy when I used to hook up a LED to the end of a fishing pole, and whip it around in the dark making shapes to the music playing. My wallet cannot handle a projector level, but I do have a few unique works in the making. Its my hope to introduce these to your forum, heighten my photon education, and maybe make a few new friends too.

I hope you guys let me hang around for a while.

TJ
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK

TJ, let me be the first to welcome you to the PL forums. I enjoyed your banter very much when you infected, I mean trolled the LPF forums. I myself left that place and threw away the keys.

Looking forward to having a laugh with you once again. You can start by trolling our SPAM visitors, then if you want a good argument try here.

So, show us some of your recent builds mate.
    This space for rent.

Thanks man. I missed you too. We always laughed are arsses off. You were always to smart for LPF, I dont blame you for leaving.

I'm going to take it slow, LOL.

Some of my builds are almost to fruition. As soon as they are finished I'll post them.

Good to hear from you brother!!! I hope I can contribute.
    Last edited by TechJunkie; 11-24-2013 at 23:59. Reason: spellin'
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Welcome TJ

I've only ever visited LPF once or twice, then decided here was the best place for me. It's a really friendly community here and other than the odd idiot (me at times) there are only a few opportunities to troll. I look forward to your banter

I'm interested in your projects too. I think most here likes to see creativity when it comes to any sort of photon tinkerisation, especially relative newbs like me.

Keith

Hi Kieth, thanks for your comments.

LPF was a great place to get n00bs into photon addiction, and have fun. Now its dry, and boring. The other day the daily post count was 25, which is sad. I stayed so long because in many ways I'm still a n00b. I have great hands on skills, and I'm artistic, but put a circuit board in my hands and I scratch my head.

I might be moving soon so work on the major projects may be delayed. But I do want to have a few proof of concept "Instructable" projects in the immediate works. This way people can get a preview, and will allow the average n00b build there own for cheap.

Mark

Welcome!

Always good to see a familiar face.

Apology accepted, I hold no hard feelings. Personally, we need some chops busting on LPF. Too many of ... "those" running around throwing advice around like it grows on trees.

What's a troll?

Lololololol
    "This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

Thanks Sean.

My custom text under my name given to me by the Admin on LPF was Troll Overlord.

Hi Bob!!!

Long time no taunt, ROFL. Did you miss me? I doubt you'll ever forget me, .

I think the last thing you said to me was you were going to sue me, and LPF if I contacted you again.

But seriously, truce???