Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brrrrr.... It's getting cold up here... We need a FLEM...

Brad, what airline did you look at?? I heard Frontier out of New Castle was like 99 bucks to Orlando.. I have to look into this further..

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I checked Frontier. First thing is, they only fly in and out of Wilmington on certain days so, you would HAVE to fly out Thursday mid day and back Sunday morning. The cost... about $459. Now... as we get closer, it might become cheaper but, I think you'd need to be there like Thursday to Thursday to get that rate. My banquet captain just used Frontier and got a $69 rate one way (home) but paid for a one way on Delta out of Philly to go down. She absolutely LOVED using Frontier though. My only problem with doing that is that I'll drive to the airport and use long term parking. If I leave the car at Philly, I sure don't want to come in to Wilmington!

Oh, and to answer your question... US Air. Flight 1850 on Friday and 2008 on Sunday.

Smile FLEM date planning - need input now!

OK guys - change of plans!

The boat house is not available for the weekend of Friday, Feb 21st and Saturday, Feb 22nd.

However, there are two alternate weekends that are wide open right now. We can either do it on Saturday, Feb. 8th, (with the load-in on Friday, Feb 7th), or we can do it on Saturday, March 1st (with the load-in on Friday, Feb 28th).

Please reply here in the thread if you know you'll be free one or both of those weekends. It doesn't make any difference to me when we hold the event, as my schedule is wide open, but I want to be sure as many people as possible can make it. (Would be especially nice if some of our out-of-state visitors could make this work with their busy schedules.)

Note that they (the boat club) are giving us a break on the rental this time too. Last year they hit us for $150, but now they're back down to only $100. ($25 for the partial night Friday night, and $75 for the full day on Saturday.) As usual, I'll come back on Sunday with a couple helpers to clean-up, sweep-up, take out the trash, and to put all the tables back like they're supposed to be.

I have the cloth hangings we'll need to block out the windows, and I'll bring the massive sound system we've always used. (3200 watts RMS from a total of 3 amps) Also, given the number of extra projectors people have been purchasing lately, I think this time might actually be one of the brightest events ever. (For sure we will have more watts per square foot in that place than ever before...)

So check your schedules and reply back here ASAP. As soon as we can settle on a date, I'll book the boathouse and start a formal thread announcing everything.

Adam

I vote for the weekend of 3/1/14.

Also: Nice timestamp on that last post, Buffo!

Smile

Haha! I didn't even notice that I had unintentionally lapsed into "leet-speak" there. (Or should I say "1337-5p34k"!)

Alright, that's one vote for the 1st of March. Also, Brad suggested the week after that, which would be the 8th of March. I haven't checked with the boat club yet to see if the 8th is available though - figure we might want to get more input from the people here before I bug them again with more "maybes".

Imagelight: Can you be flexible with your dates?

Polishedball: Are you planning to make the trip from Michigan? If so, what dates work for you?

Displaser: I know your schedule is very busy - what dates work for you?

DZ: I assume you can swap your weekend coverage as needed if we change the date - yes?

Finally - Stiffler: Regarding a Cancun-LEM, the best I can do is the island of Utila, which is off the eastern coast of Honduras in Central America. The next Caribbean LEM (Caribb-LEM Mark II) will be held in March of 2015. Rich (Neutrino) and I are still working out the last few details for this event, but there will be an official post very soon. (Just need to settle on a date, really.) It will be a package deal for either 7 or 10 days, your choice, and the price will include a room at the resort, free breakfast and lunch, plus transportation from the San Pedro Sula airport on the mainland to the island and back. (Basically a short hop on a turboprop.)

Figure on ~$600 per person for 7 days, or ~$725 per person for 10 days. And the prices go down if you put more than one person in the room. Of course, you still have to buy your ticket to fly to the mainland in Honduras, but that usually runs around $500 per person round trip. Add in some spending money plus cash for dinner meals, and you've got a cheap vacation (with lasers!) in a tropical paradise while the rest of the country is just emerging from winter. It doesn't get any better than that!

So yeah, stay tuned to PL for more info about that one. It's going to be one hell of a great time! But in the mean time, we need to nail down the specifics for FLEM in the next couple days so I can book the venue. Then people can start looking at airplane tickets.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    (Or should I say "1337-5p34k"!)
    No, no you shouldn't. 1337-5p34k 15 4 84nn1ng 0ff3nc3.

Good point Doc... Besides, I haven't used "leet-speak" since my Amiga days. (Too damned old for that shit nowadays!)

Imagelight: Still need input from you regarding your trip to Mexico. Right now March 1st is looking very good for everyone. Will that date work for you? If so, I'll book the venue.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Good point Doc... Besides, I haven't used "leet-speak" since my Amiga days. (Too damned old for that shit nowadays!)
    I usually managed not to. Although I have been known to use the term 'haxor' at least 7 times, about 12 years ago. I had to spell it out phonetically because I'm pretty sure that under the circumstances it might not otherwise have been understood. It was during the Code Red and Nimda worm outbreaks, and for fun I used DOS commands to echo notes onto some virtual desktops warning a few anonymous IP owners that their machines had been compromised, to urge them to get that fixed. "This is your friendly neighbourhood haxor speaking.", etc, etc, etc... It was funny stuff, and I did it on the basis that if it had happened the other way round, there are far worse ways to know.

HAHA! Too funny. But yeah, that would get their attention!

OK, back to FLEM scheduling: Just got word that Marc is OK with the March 1st date. So it looks like that will be the one we go with. I'm going to call the boat club and book the venue, and then I'll start a new thread for people to sign up.

Adam