Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: POP-UP Mini LEM- DEC 6/7 Austin

Default POP-UP Mini LEM- DEC 6/7 Austin

ATM we are not sure where in Austin this will happen.
    KGB will be in Austin for 'SnowGlow' on friday -show starts at 9PM.
    This event is a Neon Paint Party- KGB has been doing these events in 5 states.
    IIRC KGB brings 4000W of black light- over head laser beam show-and scantily clad ladies will be painting those within range- they say to wear old clothes- and white may be the best-Goggles -to protect the eyes form paint- a good photo op- but consider some way to keep your cameras paint-free.
    I will have a few extra white kevlar Paper Haz-mat suits.
    possible list- *denotes being in Austin for sure
    the rest are invited-

Locals
    Casey 'Agent C'*
    Rod 'Rodman'*
    Len -'Hakzaw1'*
    Isaac-Wannaburnstuff
    George 'GHoffman'*
    John 'JB3'
    Tim Walsh
    Greg 'Displaser'
    KGB Crew
    Brooks 'KGB productions'
    Rick 'hitecvoop'
    Adam 'SuGeek'
    SBA-
    DFWLarry

If any member knows of a place to hold this PM me asap.
    We have some ideas but are very open to your input.

We will be discussing TEXLEM II 2014-likely held in or near Houston
    Future LEMs for Austin-San Antonio-Dallas and other Texas cities.
    I will have to DEMO and/or sell 2 LK projectors- both nearly new
    If you need QSFB3 and can pay cash in Austin I can bring you one from AixiZ
    $498.-- any wanting to join our current GB can contact me- asap- details
    can be found at LPF. This GB #4 is closing Dec 10th-

Subscribe to this thread- len

I talked to my friend Scott, and he is willing to open up his geodesic dome house on 1 acre of land in South Austin (~ William Canon and S. 1st) for a meetup. He's got a pretty awesome DJ setup and sound system, so EDM and prog rock will be provided. Ice chests for beer, etc. Whatever your pleasure.

I've got work Friday and plans for Friday night, so I think Saturday will be better. If it's a nice night we can fire pit and bbq as well.

RSVP with me and I'll send the address.

Sounds interesting is there a place for a tent outside the dome (why not be cheap and lasers on the outside of the dome, smoke from the pit will help with beams)! Not sure if I can make it but still sounds interesting.

Edit: Eeek that is next week, I would more likely be able to make Saturday... I need to go through my pile of stuff to see if there is anything to sell. I don't think anybody needs a dye-cell if somebody needs something post it in the BST thread.

-Adam
    Last edited by sugeek; 12-01-2013 at 12:46.
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Hak,

This is very tempting... Not sure that I want to get covered in Glo-paint, but lasers, ladies and geodesic domes are some of my favorite things (not necessarily in that order).
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

wow no worries Greg i have a paper haz-mat suit in your size- Adams too- but you guys need to get with Brooks KGB as see how we can get more into the show--& Adam yes thats THIS weekend-try to make it- I can help you once you are in austin-

Hope you All can get here- worry about lodging later- I have always thought Austin is a great location in texas for a LEM- evidenced by how many are just trying to come this weekend- so some time will be spent there with a spring Austin LEM and TEXLEM II Houston2014 as topics-

campers at Casey's friend place sound very good-

If we are smart we will try to plan AustinLEM on a weekend when KGB has a gig- we could get Brooks and family here - see his KGB show - and as the tour bus leaves town right after - Brooks can stay and we can give them a ride later to the Airport- I can bring a small camper and a big smoker- My BBQ cook-off team has lots of gear- all we need to be very well fed , comfy and keep dry- -

anyone needing my cell number PM
    i will get to Austin noonish friday and may stay til late sunday-Staying with Rodman

should be a great weekend

Len

spring is a ways off but these are always better events with lots of planning-

bring zip-lock baggies for cellphones and wallets if you don't want to destroy them

Ill be down if i am back in time. Still offshore, having trouble getting the lower zone of this well to flow. Hopefully im home.

Stone is also doing a laser show here in Houston (Lazer Trance @ Stereo Live) on the 7th for those who cant make Austin.
    "This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

Is the Saturday LEM thing still going on, I don't think I can make Friday.
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Quote Originally Posted by sugeek View Post
    Is the Saturday LEM thing still going on, I don't think I can make Friday.

AFAIK yes- but the predictions are for sleet/freezing rain - so we will not be doing anything outdoors- what time do you think you may come on Sat. Adam??

PM coming with some numbers--len

Was a great Mini-Lem! Just a few peeps...but plenty of projections a'happening!
    Thanks Casey for Hosting and Scott for the abode...Love the geodesic home...a real treasure!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG3450.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	830.6 KB 
ID:	41192
    Hope this pic comes thru.

And the SnowGlow event Friday night! Awesome! We were treated as VIPs...even the head bouncer Joseph came and introduced himself and said Anything we needed! Nice setup...even though Very cold inside and out...the place was hopping!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG3407.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	828.2 KB 
ID:	41193
    Thanks to Saia for getting us on the guest list and the great show!