Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Next FLEM on March 1st, 2014

Smile

This is shaping up really well! Glad to hear that so many people are able to attend.

There is one possible change. The boat club is asking for event insurance, which we have never had to provide in the past. I told them that this was a deal-breaker, and if they couldn't waive the insurance requirement we would not rent from them. Hope to have an answer back soon.

But even if they don't give in, it's all good, because I have an alternate venue already set up. The Holiday Inn Express has a 24 ft by 26 ft conference room, and it's available on February 28th and March 1st. I already called them and booked it, just in case the boat club decides to play more games. (If the boat club agrees to drop the insurance requirement, I'll just cancel the booking at the hotel.)

The conference room at the Holiday Inn Express is a bit more expensive ($150 for Saturday, plus $87 for Friday), but they don't have any other goofy requirements. Also, it's a bit larger than the boat club, and it has slightly higher ceilings. The only real drawback is that we wouldn't be able to run the sound system at full volume, but that's not a huge drawback.

Anyway, the dates are firm, so don't sweat it if you've already purchased tickets. The event will go on as planned. It just may be that it will be held at the Holiday Inn Express instead of the triangle boat club meeting hall.

Adam

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Wow.... those dimensions just really struck me for a second. I know the boathouse isn't large but, to say the conference room at the hotel is larger and then say it's 24 x 26... that's merely the size of my dance floor. The thought of holding a LEM on the dance floor alone just sort of makes me laugh. lol

A thought...Does the hotel allow haze/atmosphere?
    Last edited by Bradfo69; 12-09-2013 at 04:03.

Brad:

Not sure about the haze - will need to check. However, given the power of the Pluto's, I don't think it will be a problem.

Adam

Laughing at Brads dance floor comment... That's funny!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP1501.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	3.26 MB 
ID:	41196

Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Brad:

Not sure about the haze - will need to check. However, given the power of the Pluto's, I don't think it will be a problem.

Adam
    If neither venue has a problem with haze, I can bring my Neutron hazer. Water-based, same fluid as a Radiance. Have yet to set off a smoke detector with it

I've been out of it for a while and just saw the thread.
    I'll be there too.

Mo lives in Tennessee now. don't think he'll make to this one.

I'll make the same offer I made at SELEM. Pending weather...I will bring the Cessna, anyone who would like to go for a ride is welcome. I just ask that you help cover the cost of fuel. Depending on how many want to go and when will determine how long we stay up. If you've never been in a small plane it is a blast. I feel bad that I wasn't able to give rides at SELEM, but the weather just wouldn't let me. Safety first. Hope for clear skies.

Chris

Depending on my kids' schedules I might try to go down.

That would be great Gary!

Chris: I'd love to go for a ride, weather permitting of course...

Count: Please bring your hazer. If we can't use fog, haze is the next best thing.

Adam

Smile FLEM Update - Venue is locked in!

Hey folks;

Just wanted to give everyone an update. After a lot of e-mails back and fourth between me, my insurance company, and the boat club in Tavares, I'm happy to announce that we have a confirmed booking for the traditional venue at the Triangle Boat Club meeting hall.

The back-up plan was to use the conference room at the Holiday Inn Express, but that was both more expensive and more restrictive, since we probably would not be able to use fog and we definitely would not be able to crank up the music. (It was also a little bit smaller.)

But fortunately, everything is now sorted out, so we will be using the Triangle Boat Club meeting hall as we have always done in the past. That means we can be as loud as we want, and we can also use as much fog as we want. (We will also have 220 V single phase power available, which is a plus since it was not available at the Holiday Inn.) As always, I'll be bringing the monster stereo system, so we'll have lots of sound.

Setup will be on Friday, February 28th, 2014 starting at 4 PM. After we get everything hooked up, we will probably go out for dinner (how about Angelo's Italian restaurant? Everyone always seems to like the food there...) and then go back to the venue for some late night fun. On Saturday, March 1st 2014 we will kick things off at 9:00 AM, and probably run until Midnight or later.

Another update: I spoke with Bill Benner from Pangolin, and he plans to attend. (WOOT!)

So who all is going to be there this time?

Adam