Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Next FLEM on March 1st, 2014

Smile Next FLEM on March 1st, 2014 (Number 11, if you can believe it!)

Hey everyone;

We have decided on a date for the next Florida Laser Enthusiast's Meeting. We will do the load-in and setup on Friday afternoon, February 28th, 2014, with the event itself starting on Saturday, March 1st 2014.

As always, the venue will be the Triangle Boat Club meeting room in Tavares, Florida. The boat club meeting room is off of highway 441 in Tavares, just before you cross over the Dead River bridge between Tavares and Leesburg. (It's on the right if you're headed west on 441.)

I will have access to the building starting at EDIT: Noon on Friday for load-in and setup. We normally go out to eat that Friday night, and then come back to the venue for some pre-FLEM laser fun that night.

I'm thinking we will probably crank up between 9 AM and 10 AM on Saturday, and we usually run until around midnight. (Sometimes later...)

I'll bring the sound system as usual, and I'll also bring the stuff to black out the windows. I can bring plenty of projectors, but I'm thinking that I might want to travel a bit lighter this time, so maybe I'll just bring the 3 Pluto II RGB units and possibly the monster 12-watt RGB pair that I'm building into the huge Goldenstar cases I got earlier.

Typically people elect to stay at the Holiday Inn Express, which is literally across the bridge from the venue, though it is on the other side of the street. I've contacted the hotel already, and the previous manager (Alex) is no longer working there. I am waiting for a call back from the new manager (Shannon) to set up a group rate for everyone. Details to follow later today.

EDIT: Got the hotel details. They're giving us a rate of $95 per night for a single king-size bed, or $103 per night for two queen-size beds. This represents a $20 discount per night off their regular rates. Call them at (352) 742-1600 and mention that you are with the PhotonLexicon group to get the discounted rate.

So mark your calenders now, and post below if you can make it! It's going to be great fun, I promise you.

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 02-11-2014 at 06:08.

Sweet! I'm in!

What kind of electrical service/capacity does the clubhouse have?

Plenty of 120, and 50 amps of 220 single phase in the kitchen. (Stove outlet) No 3 phase though.

Adam

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Flight booked. I'm coming Thursday morning and am going to hang in Disney Thursday night and then maybe Universal Friday morning to check out the World of Harry Potter and then drive to Tavares in the afternoon. I fly out Sunday about 11 am.

I'm in.. Same flight as Bradfo69... Now just have to get Aaron and DZ onboard. Has anyone heard from Mo?? Not sure if he still lives close or not. It's gonna be a real fun time in the Sunshine State..

If im not offshore ill probably scoop a cheap ticket and come hang out for a day. Hopefully my new Able laser will be a good carryon size
    "This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

Mark, Brad, glad to see you guys will still be able to make it even though it's not on 2/22. I saw that date come up in the other thread, I'm in Boulder then. So I'm glad the date got changed and you guys are going to make it! I am scheduled to work that weekend but I should be able to swap it around. Not sure if I'll bring anything though, maybe the Z-5 but it sounds like there will be plenty of other projectors there. Too bad about 3 phase, I could really use some of that right about now!

Gents,

I'm going to try to make this. Still checking into possible flights...

Greg
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

Awesome... I really hope both of you ( DZ and Greg) can come out to play..

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Agreed! Greg... offer still stands for car/room. I'll still be in Orlando probably until about 3 pm on Friday and can always arrange to pick you up. I plan to be at Universal's doorstep when they open Friday morning - do the Harry Potter thing - and then leave.