Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: NELEM II

Yes, June 14. Hope to see you sometime on Friday, June 13. Hopefully we can get Andrew over on Friday. It would REALLY be nice if we can do a dry run on Friday night. I'm going to start the fire for the pig around 3 PM Friday--pig goes on the pit ~11 PM, and will cook for ~18 hours. Saturday will be spent setting up, getting the beer and ice, digging out the pig, ect and partying.

Rick,
    Do you think you could post the schedule? The sailing...where and when. I was originally planning to hang with the boys in Boston on Friday and leave the hotel early Sat. to head to your place to start setting up. I know there have not been many other posts where people have said they were coming, but I think a single post that lays it all out would make last minute participation less of a scramble.

Hi Eric
    The MIT sailing pavilion opens up at noon. So the schedule will hopefully be as follows:
    Friday June 13:
    Meet at the MIT sailing pavilion at 12:30pm for sailing and lunch.
    10 PM Andrew Friday gig
    I need to be back by 6 pm to prepare pig. But, once that is done, I can go to the gig.
    Saturday June 14:
    4 am start pig fire
    6 am pig goes in pit
    9 am - 6 pm prepare for party
    6 pm pig come out of pit, start eating
    9 pm laser show
    10-10:30 end of show
    Pig is going to the butchers on Thursday. It should be here by Friday sometime. It's going to need at least 12 hours of cooking.

Sounds like a plan. Thanks.

NELEM II is only 5 days away! Just finished the free-standing shelves for the lasers. Tomorrow I will install the screen then done! That is all the infrastructure for this year. Andrew has gigs Friday and Saturday night, but will stop by on Saturday afternoon to say hi, and meet and greet. Shane and Gabe from Dynamic will be here for the show, and Gabe will bring Beyond content, although not for seven lasers--we will have to do some mirroring. Eric, Andrew is asking about computer power. We can run my server which is a Core i5 at 3.4 GHz and 16 GB onboard with 8 USB ports. I know you (Eric) have an Alienware laptop. The shelves are very sturdy and heavy! I've rig it with a cable hoist so it can be moved anywhere in the arena. Can't wait!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (2).JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	152.3 KB 
ID:	43527Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (1).JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	112.2 KB 
ID:	43528 (second pic is the screen).

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

wish i could make it. i've (christopher) have been talking to the Dynamic guys behind the scenes and it would be fun to meet them in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
    NELEM II is only 5 days away! Just finished the free-standing shelves for the lasers. Tomorrow I will install the screen then done! That is all the infrastructure for this year. Andrew has gigs Friday and Saturday night, but will stop by on Saturday afternoon to say hi, and meet and greet. Shane and Gabe from Dynamic will be here for the show, and Gabe will bring Beyond content, although not for seven lasers--we will have to do some mirroring. Eric, Andrew is asking about computer power. We can run my server which is a Core i5 at 3.4 GHz and 16 GB onboard with 8 USB ports. I know you (Eric) have an Alienware laptop. The shelves are very sturdy and heavy! I've rig it with a cable hoist so it can be moved anywhere in the arena. Can't wait!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (2).JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	152.3 KB 
ID:	43527Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (1).JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	112.2 KB 
ID:	43528 (second pic is the screen).
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Rick,
    The lasers are packed up and ready! I even included the 506 scanned system with the super large ( a little slower, but surprisingly not too much slower) mirrors. Bill is trying to turn around on another, proper 506 system this week, but I don't know if I will be able to fit it in time.

The Alienware comp is fast and I have all the Showspace shows loaded in it along with the projector assignments. But, this laptop only has 4 USB ports and when split with a cheap adapter we found it is a little unstable so we ordered a better USB hub and if it arrives in time this might be best. I figure I'm the optics guy and my sons (and you) are comp guys. We'll figure something out.
    We'll be bringing the pyrotechnics. I hope you have some water available. This in fact might take some setting up and thinking about. The smoke will be key.

I think this is going to be pretty significant.

Super nice people and only 1 mile away. Small world!

Hi Eric,
    We have water and hoses on both sides of the arena. I also have two rather large fire extinguishers on site. I'll email Andrew to see if he has any high speed hubs available.

Looks like 40% chance of showers Saturday. Do we have an alternative plan, or are we just going for it?
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK