Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: NELEM II

I'm still up for it. C'mon Krazer!

Does Krazer know about this thread?

I'm still trying to get more people involved. One guy just had major surgery so he bowed out. Trying to get some girls too.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK

Hello,

I am interested in attending. I live about an hour away.

All I have to bring is questions, but I don't mind kicking in for drinks and food.

ED

Does Krazer know about this thread?
    I just PMed Kraser the link in case he managed to miss this.

I have at least 6 laser nuts committed to coming. Still working on more.

They also need dates, ect. I hope Kraser pops in soon.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK

Hey everyone...
    Sorry about the radio silence so far, I have been working to get us some warehouse space to use, but so far my leads have fallen through, so we may be on the MIT campus again, which means no smoke, and very limited ability to leave equipment set up overnight.

In any case, I am fairly confident we can make it work, although I do not currently have the full details, and will be out of the country for the next week, which puts us quite close to the Jan 24 date (in fact I will not be in Boston until the 17th). It is going to be hard for me to do a Friday setup day, but I can take guests and do a gear drop Friday evening after 7pm, and expect I will be free all day Saturday for events.

Tours Saturday morning should be possible, and I am doing my best to try and get us a room reserved in advance to avoid issues with trying to find an empty room on Saturday.

There are also a few leads on warehouse space I am following and will let people know if any of them come through as soon as I know, but for the meantime keep your gear to tabletop size.

Another alternative would be to rent a hotel ballroom or school auditorium, what are peoples thoughts on this? It would be somewhat pricey (also very short notice, no promises it would go through) but we can try and ask for smoke privileges at least.

I think that covers all of the concerns...

but for the meantime keep your gear to tabletop size.
    One thought might be anything that has some elevated surface. Bringing shelves or trusses is possible, but means more lugging. My projectors (and I suspect many others will work fine on a table top, but if hip-high then the field in front gets pretty restricted. A balcony or a steep auditorium with a rear walkway that could support tables would be ideal.

With a lot of power you can do a lot without smoke especially if there is a flat projection surface.If one or two other PLers with some hardware came we could go well over 100 W! Again an auditorium comes to mind. The one down in SELEM works pretty well.

I suspect the warehouse will either be the Tesla group connection or some other hacker-space that isn't intimidated by technology.

The hotel might work, but I suspect with the short notice that the number of participants that will be coming from far enough away that a hotel room is a sure thing may reduce your leverage to secure a room as a perk for so many reservations. Know what I mean? Still, now that you're here things might take off.

We might want to see if Buffo would email a copy of the release just to have it.

I use a ladder with a piece of plywood screwed to the top for my projector when I do outside shows. I can definitely bring my 10 watt rig and a 42 X 25 foot scrim screen for projection. Looking forward to doing it!

Worse comes to worse my son has been begging for some more of those 24" x 48" x 72" high industrial shelves, you saw, for his business. A 108" high mod would probably permit 2-4 projectors to be parked above head height .

My concern is content. I can run through my canned shows in about 45 min. We need someone like Bradfo69! And/or Bill has to build the bridge to the LD 2000 shows for all of us that can only run Beyond compatible content.

Krazer can tour the ultra-fast labs. I'll open up a projector and review the setup and technology. You can bring some software to remote control some non-coherent sources as with your displays (corporate and personal).
    Tech can bring some music? Any musicians even?

Kraser, this may be a little outside the envelope, but what about a nontraditional setting such as a sports facility or the basement of the nuclear reactor building? AKA Gorden Freeman!

I have a few new shows incorporating LSX frames into QS. I can give you another 30 minutes.