Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ChamSys MIDI/DMX ---> LSX/EasyLaseII?

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Chamsys midi output from cues is not all that straightforward, and limited in functionality, and you might take a while writing the correct midi string code to achieve the desired results.
    I think I jumped the gun for a first time user. If Chamsys won't accept my return item, I might have to send you a PM or two..

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Why? I'm guessing he still needs to control his lights somehow, and I can't think of many better ways of doing it than with what he already owns.
    True, but I said if you really only want to control the laser, then your best bet is indeed to get rid of your controller. Sorry if that wasn't clear. I got the idea he acquired that mini wing in hopes of using it as a laser controller...

Quote Originally Posted by nnasire View Post
    I also ran into this one: http://forum.thelightingcontroller.c...t=1499&start=0
    However, it's a mystery where the 'control board' is on Step 1. It says to right-click it in order to bring up the MIDI Patch options. Not sure what program he is running..
    Just FYI this is a support forum for users of Chauvet's ShowXpress. It is a proprietary DMX hardware driver with free software. ShowXpress doesn't support OSC.

chamsys it's a really big piece of software... i studied it and i really like it.. i use it for lighting control (my setup: mac mini + touchscreen + PC Wing) and i really love it.
    you have to understand the way it works then it more powerful and quick to program than freestyler.

i'm also thinking about controlling laser with chamsys (less lasershows and more light shows in the last year) and i'm thinking to sell my fiesta.net and buy two moncha.net dacs...
    the bad thing it's that moncha doesn't accept art-net input but only wired dmx input... future is in ethernet/wifi...
    are there any dacs/laser software that accepts art-net input?

cheers
    Lorenzo
    Lorenzo from Italy
    www.LF-entertainment.it