Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Using Beyond without FB3 ?

Yep, sounds like that would work.
    My FB3s and QM.nets are all external so i don't have that problem.

My FB3s and QM.nets are all external so i don't have that problem.
    Mine are external, but with my show computers and control surfaces, in their flightcases, in the lockup.

If I start to separate gig items, there is a chance that I'll arrive at a job without an FB3, because its not where it's supposed to be!
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

This is a bit frustrating.

I'm travelling overseas and away from my licensed FB4 and want to work on my workspace in my downtime.
    I wish they would let it still open but with all outputs disabled.

Is there no way at all to run a demo mode or outputs disabled??
    Last edited by elektryx; 06-28-2018 at 12:45.

If I remember correctly, you have something like a 2 week window from the last time the FB3 was connected. During that time period, if you launch Beyond without the FB3 connected, it will still let you do pretty much everything. But after that period, you must connect the FB3 and launch Beyond in order for it to "reset the clock", as it were.

So if you know you'll be traveling, make sure you hook up the FB3 to your laptop the night before and fire up Beyond. Then you're good to go, so long as your trip isn't longer than the ~ 2 week window. (2 weeks is a guess, I'm not positive of the exact time frame...)

Of course, none of this is any help to you if it has been several months since you last launched Beyond with the FB3 attached. If you don't have it with you now, I think you're out of luck. That's why these days I usually keep at least 1 FB3 in the laptop bag, just in case.

Adam

EDIT: I just looked at the rest of the thread (above), and sure enough, the time window is 2 weeks long.

I think it was after this thread that I had some emails with Bill and I got a machine license instead for my show machine.
    It's been an amazing improvement in terms of removing a barrier to use outside of a gig situation.
    Of course I'm SoL if that breaks (but I have other options for my backup machine anyway)
    Frikkin Lasers

How does that work? Is the license file tied to some specific combination of hardware IDs or something? So that if you swapped out a hard drive or upgraded the CPU it would break the license?

Adam

No idea as I haven't had anything break.
    Bill sent me a small application which I ran on my machine, generated a file, which I sent back to them. They then sent me a license.bmp file in return.
    The laptop is a Lenovo Y510p so getting on a little now (although still more than adequate for the job)
    The possibility of renewing hardware must've come up before so I'd just be emailing them should the situation arise.
    Frikkin Lasers