Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OPT Laser Shenzen ( Seriously bad quality )

Laser Warning OPT Laser Shenzen ( Seriously bad quality )

Hi All

I wanted to post this seller review here to warn you against buying systems from OPT Laser.
    IN general they make it look - chinese are good at that - that their systems are well thought of and are of good quality.
    Yet in fact this is not the case.

I wanted to share with you some info on OPT Laser modules. Especially the RGB Block they build into their systems.
    These blocks and similar are also used in the popular laser systems from RGB LASER VERKOOP, mainly their X-STAR BEAM and their CUBIC are both OPT LASER products and are utter crap !

Have a look at the picture attached. As you can see it's one big alu block with the blue diode, green dpss and red diodes.

Blue
    This is a single diode. According to them it's doing 1.6 Watt. I have not seen it do that or anything more then max 900 to 1000 mW. Brand unknown.

Green
    Green is a simple block which emits a diagonal ( / ) beam which is then compressed slightly by the optics in front of it. Output depends and ranges from 500 to 800 mW.( depending on the switch on the driver board )

Red
    Red is built with two diodes of 250 mW each. In this example one is dead after doing about 12 hours max.
    We took it out to replace it. Unfortunately OPT laser does NOT offer ANY warranty at all, although at the time you buy anything they tell you they do. But in real life, when it comes down to it, they do NOT ! You have to buy all replacement parts.

Also we have spent ample time realigning the red optics because from the factory the output of the single red diode was just 110 to 120 mW after optics. Without readjustments to the driver we got 235 out of it. Brand unknown

Bad things
    The bad things in these blocks are:

- TTL Drivers of very poor quality
    - All optics are glued to the base with poor quality glue, will de-adjust quickly.
    - Bottom plate onto which all items are mounted is drenched in cooling paste so the beneath that plate there is a big puddle of goo and a lot of moisture ( which shouldn't be there at all )
    - No TEC cooling for any of the diodes at all
    - No diode protection against any wrong current or electrostatic
    - No warranty on any of their components, even if it's a week old.

So my friends, next time you are drawling over some cheap RGB or any of the cheap systems from familiar sources, be reminded that this is what you get.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0134.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	41530
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0146.JPG 
Views:	231 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	41531

You were expecting high quality from some cheap Chinese stuff? Really
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    You were expecting high quality from some cheap Chinese stuff? Really
    No not really, I was not expecting much as it was cheap.
    Still I had expected more then this.

A simple list of problems within the first two weeks:

- Green broken after receiving the unit
    - onboard controller not working
    - control buttons not functioning

Few days later
    - safety board broken
    - diode drivers unstable ( resulting in red dying )
    - scanner driver broken (?)
    - scanner defective
    - red laser diode broken
    - after replacement of controller, it still does not work right, control buttons don’t work and connection cable is too short.

I had expected minor possible issues but not this much.
    So that's why I am warning anyone who reads this against this fraudulent seller.

Save your money, don't buy these.

Bad, extremely bad! But hey, there is no magical, cheap is always too much expensive when it dies in your hand...

Btw, is the green really a DPSS? Seems very small !

Is it also the same module used in the RGBVerkoop XS-RGB full diode?

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    I think it is a DPSS with IR pump in the aluminium (/copper?) block and crystals are hold by the 2 mounts in front of it. If this is true, please pay attention about infrared losses when you open this RGB module, pump diode should be around 3W of 808nm .

--- www.neodym.be ---

Quote Originally Posted by MIIKKKLLLL View Post
    I think it is a DPSS with IR pump in the aluminium (/copper?) block and crystals are hold by the 2 mounts in front of it. If this is true, please pay attention about infrared losses when you open this RGB module, pump diode should be around 3W of 808nm .
    Not sure, it seems to lase green right at the output of the square block. Should be more of a pointer-like green dpss...

Quote Originally Posted by MIIKKKLLLL View Post
    Hi,

The green mini-block itself emits a slant ( / ) beam. The two optics in front of it try to rectify this and downsize the beam. It is slightly downsized but remains a slash-shaped beam.

The output is about 500 mW and - afaik- no TEC cooling.

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    Bad, extremely bad! But hey, there is no magical, cheap is always too much expensive when it dies in your hand...

Is it also the same module used in the RGBVerkoop XS-RGB full diode?
    Yes, same units are found in the XS-RGB and the CUBIC.

After a lengthy e-mail conversation about broken parts, warranty, service etc, I would like you all to see this mail from Optlaser.
    I think it says it all :

Peter

i agree with what you said,

we really can not supply same good aftersale service like
    you

this is our weekness

actually we do not have the abiliby to supply the good service based on low price

about your comment of our cost, i also do not know our exactly cost

he told me can not supply free service cause he do not lose money any money

there is another fact, although i have not much confidence bacause this, but our products
    belong high class compare other supplier in china

maybe it is not accepted, it is truth

the service is bad, but i never say a lie to you.

thanks Peter

Elmer

If something looks too good (or cheap) to be true then it usually is...

This wisdom applies to most product from China and good looking girls in Thailand.
    This space for rent.