Page 75 of 88 FirstFirst ... 6571727374757677787985 ... LastLast

Thread: Scannermax 506s

http://www.scannermax.com/products/s...s/compact-506/

3D CAD files have been posted on the ScannerMAX site, for those interested in integrating the Compact 506 into their projectors. Currently, RH Entry models for the 4mm and 5mm mirror sets, and the standalone scanners themselves have been posted.
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

Hi,

Is there a noticeable performance difference between PT20 and DT30 amps when tuning for Pangolin 506's?

Just curious, is there any news about if the driver is finally finished so complete sets are commercially available now?

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

We're getting close. Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n90k...ature=youtu.be

It's midway through the video.

Are we going to see an" edison special " projector with all the bits?

@mixedgas,
    I have sent you several pms but never got a response. What's the status on my 506 amp set?

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

The last batch of amps the Chinese shipped me were unsuitable for modification due to a serious design change. They did not inform me of the change, they just shipped the new style. As I had invested considerably (~600$ in boards and cabling) in a batch of useless boards, I am not a happy camper.

I have a large show company willing to fund a interim design till the digital amps are completed. I am Cadding the board this week and will submit them a proposal Friday or Saturday. As I am now a "OnLine" Masters student, (yes, at my age and by order of my employer) my time is VERY limited. They will however, be far easier to tune then the modded boards and will mainly use thru hole components for hand soldering.. They will not be ultra small, as the potential customer is specifying a board suitable for touring and easy repair in the field. One that can take a hit if abused. One that has all the test points brought out and with DB9 IO connectors.

Considering it will take an hour and a half to stuff a pair of these with parts, I'm sure few people will be interested in what I will have to charge to do it. Mainly because of their finished size. If these boards are made available to PL, and I did ask him to consider that, they will be on a limited basis, perhaps as a raw PCB.

Its up to him when I send the quote for the PCBs. He wants American made units.......

As stated above, I purchased a case of the latest Chinese boards, but I did not invoice Silvershot for any transaction. I'm sorry for any confusion.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 06-09-2015 at 07:00.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Default Here is an idea that might help everyone involved ....

Steve, I'm sorry to hear you invested more money into this and in the end you now have a case of amps that can't be modified for 506's. You tried to do something nice for the community and it backfired.

I have an idea that may help you recover some money from that amp purchase and at the same time help others that have scanners and no amplifiers, and it would require almost none of your time.
    Consider this; we'll use me an example. I need amps for a 506's, so I purchase a PT-20 scan set and modify it myself for the 506's according to the documentation Pangolin provides here:

http://www.scannermax.com/pdf/c506_amp_mod.pdf

I would also have to modify the amplifier to scanner cable because the pin order would be backwards. From what I have read this should yield 30kpps performance, which seems very admirable for the money. I also pick up a higher current power supply for the 506 scan set. So I now I'm sitting on a PT-20 power supply and galvos with no amps. Hmmmm, where could I purchase an “amplifier only” ? I purchase an amp set from your batch purchase and pair it with the PT-20 scanners to make a satellite/beam PJ.

But I would need some documentation on that amplifier, though.... at least the pin outs.

Would those amplifiers pair well with PT-20 galvos? Does this sound like a reasonable process? It would leave plenty of time for you to study (congrats on working on your masters, BTW).

Do you have any thoughts on this Steve?

win win- excellent idea-+6
    hk
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-