Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which Fogger/Hazer

What failed with your 2D?
    This space for rent.

It just died, was working fine half way through show. Turned around and it was off. haven't been able to get it to turn back on. i need to take it apart.
    "This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

Quote Originally Posted by JD3 View Post
    It just died, was working fine half way through show. Turned around and it was off. haven't been able to get it to turn back on. i need to take it apart.
    Have you checked the fuse? They use a transformer not a switch mode, so should be simple to sort. Access is via the side with the fan, PSU parts at the top of the main board.
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    Have you checked the fuse? They use a transformer not a switch mode, so should be simple to sort. Access is via the side with the fan, PSU parts at the top of the main board.
    Awesome, i will check as soon as i get home tomorrow thanks!

Honestly i almost threw it in the trash i was so frustrated. Died in the middle of a show and i had no backup. Luckily the venue did. Still makes me look bad
    "This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

Wookie,for Smoke Factory spares have you tried Mike at Smoke Factory uk?
    He was able to supply me parts off the shelf and was very helpful with technical questions. He provided the service manual in his very first email to me without asking and was very responsive even during Plasa. Quite refreshing these days really.

The Haze Base products look to be Smoke Factory in slightly different packages again. Panels and specs look to be the same so no reason to suspect they're and different inside
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Sorry if someone's covered this as I haven't got time to read this right through, but if you're considering the Unique, look at Thomann (Germany).

They seell the Unique at discount and do a nice flight case for @£130 incl. Tax (you'd be exempt tax I think as outside the EU).

I have one. It's basically a tray that the hazer and bottle sit in and the top clips over the top. You can use the hazer whilst its sat in the tray so when you get to a venue you literally unclick the catches and the top lifts off.

I'll post a pic later when I have more time but have to go out now.

Pics:

The Hazer Case is the top one labelled "Thon". You can see where it separates near the bottom. Quality catches, corner protectors, handles on side and a handle on the top:

This is it opened out and ready to use - you just undo the 2 catches and lift the top 1/2 off, the hazer just sits in the tray which also holds the bottle holder etc. You can use it whilst in the tray, no need to remove:

In fairness its not as well protected as a TH when open as only the bottom is in the case but then again how many hazers get knocked whilst in use? When enclosed its as tough as any flight case.

Horses for courses. TH permanently cased and protected vs separate case protected in transit and but more vulnerable in use, vs money!

Surprised nobody's mentioned the Radiance hazers. I personally own a DF-50 but have been thinking about trying a Radiance out. Please someone chime in on their long-term effectiveness. If you go the DF-50 route you'll absolutely need a small fan to lash to the front (beneath the opening so the haze doesn't travel through the fan).

As for fire alarms and oil based haze... Yeah it will set them off. Couple weeks ago I did two venues, one set off the alarm all night (venue had it in bypass), the other venue refused to put theirs in bypass but told me they didn't really have any issues with their alarms. It all has to do with air currents in the venue. The use of wing curtains seems to help quite a bit as both venues mentioned the detectors that typically trip are backstage.

i'm a bit if a smoker / hazer addict, and have the following

2 x g300
    g-force 3
    2 x pea soup dragon
    1 x pea soup phantom
    1 x Antari HZ500
    1 x Antari HZ100
    1 x freezefog pro
    1 x Antari DNG200

i can heartily recommend any of the above, but as hazers, the phantom and dragon units are superb. the dragons are water based machines with the same vaporiser block as the phantom, but with a larger heater. They produce a very similar size particle with the best hang and distribution of any water based glycol / glycerine system i have tried - and ive tried most!

I use Le maitre industrial grade fluid with them which is a very slow dispersing fluid, designed for military / fire brigade training. Having on board pumps, they also don't need the gas supply which is a saver.

The Antari HZ500 is also a great machine, but as ever with crackers, you do need to be careful on not over saturating the mist, as it will cause deposition over time. very reliable, and on board dmx is nice.

however, if you would like the phantom, but cant justify the cost, my vote goes to the dragon with a long hang time fluid and a decent fan, usable in any ( inc arena) size venue, at lower cost to the phantom.

Geez, looking at the Dragon vs the DF-50 on current draw: 16A for Dragon ("De-rated 110V version") vs 4A for the DF-50. Yeah, I know most people don't care, but if you're using a dmx dimmer/switchpack 16A is a bit much...