Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which Fogger/Hazer

Angry Which Fogger/Hazer

Well my hazer died after three years. (Hurricane Haze 2D from Chauvet)

Looking to get one that will last a good while.

Im looking at the Smoke Factory Tour Hazer II or their Data II Fogger.

Anyone have experience with these or recommend anything better?

I obviously cant afford the Pea Soup Phantom at $3,000 USD haha

Id like to keep it at around <$1,300 USD
    "This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

I use the Antari HZ500- Its a real hazer..not a "fazer" or fake hazer but a compression based oil cracker. So no heat up time and super low fluid use.
    http://www.antari.com/index.php/web/Products_i/25

These last forever. I just recently got one back in the shop that's been out on tour( and i haven't even touched) for over a year without any maintenance. All I needed to do was wipe it down and send it back out for another year of use
    You may be able to find one at a lower price, but normally these come in at $1,600.
    10W RGB
    2x 5W RGB
    2x 3W RGB
    2x 1W Green
    ---------------------------------
    QM.NET, 2x FB3, LivePro, Beyond, APC40,

kgblasers.com

Can't go wrong with the TH2/Look Unique 2 in that price range tbh. I prefer the TH because it's already flightcased.
    You will need to use the Smoke Factory/look unique fluid though which is a bit pricey but lasts a long time. It works out about the same cost as running HD fluid in my QTX HZ gazers which are the same as the Hurricanes I believe.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Can't go wrong with the TH2/Look Unique 2 in that price range tbh. I prefer the TH because it's already flightcased.
    You will need to use the Smoke Factory/look unique fluid though which is a bit pricey but lasts a long time. It works out about the same cost as running HD fluid in my QTX HZ gazers which are the same as the Hurricanes I believe.
    Forgot i looked at the Unique 2, that's also another option on the table. I like that its sold here in the US. Im not sure what the shipping on the TH2 would be from the UK, especially if you include the weight of the extra fluid i would purchase.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KGB View Post
    I use the Antari HZ500- Its a real hazer..not a "fazer" or fake hazer but a compression based oil cracker. So no heat up time and super low fluid use.
    http://www.antari.com/index.php/web/Products_i/25

These last forever. I just recently got one back in the shop that's been out on tour( and i haven't even touched) for over a year without any maintenance. All I needed to do was wipe it down and send it back out for another year of use
    You may be able to find one at a lower price, but normally these come in at $1,600.
    Have you noticed any more sensitivity with fire systems using oil?
    "This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

In case you didn't know already the Tour Hazer and Unique are essentially the same but in different packages. Don't forget to budget for a flightcase and I think you may need a bottle holder too with the Unique.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

What do you think of the Antari, Norty? I like that its built into the flight case. Similar to the Amp Town TH2

Is Unique just a USA branch of smoke-factory? All their products are almost identical, except for color.
    -dnar

I supposed my deciding factor here will be a wireless remote. I don't use DMX and don't want to deal with ANOTHER interface and running MORE cables.

I have the Geyser RGB's and they have a litte RF remote i have fallen in love with... range sucks.. but its really nice.
    -dnar

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I'm a fan of Reel Effects DF-50 and have two. You can find them used around that price from time to time. I haven't looked recently. I can't comment on fire alarm systems as I don't take them out but, I've never had an issue with haze or fog at my place.

You know... now that i think about it.. since its a hazer it will always be on haha
    -dnar

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I'm a fan of Reel Effects DF-50 and have two. You can find them used around that price from time to time. I haven't looked recently. I can't comment on fire alarm systems as I don't take them out but, I've never had an issue with haze or fog at my place.
    Hot damn... Why the hell would you pay that much for one when you can the the Pea Soup Phantom for the same or maybe a few bucks more.

and you only use it at home?!
    -dnar