Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Another Ilda view tool

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

I'm working on an update. The reason it takes so long is because there are quite a few new exiting features. I think it'll be worth it.

A white screen is probably caused by OpenGL 2.0 not being used on your system. Try upgrading your video card driver. Some computers have more than one video card but only one supports opengl (for example an intel video card and an nvidia one but only the nvidia has opengl). You'll have to do a search to see if this is the case on your system and how to solve it.

Maybe you should change the name of the program. As, from what I can tell, it does much more than just view ilda files. A bit underselling

I actually got ilda viewer 1.0 to work just fine

Quote Originally Posted by Grix View Post
    Maybe you should change the name of the program. As, from what I can tell, it does much more than just view ilda files. A bit underselling
    That is true, but in the core it's still that same program that could just view ilda files a year ago. I actually see it more as a playground for me to develop my skills. I don't think I'll do a lot of development for it after I release the next version, apart from small upgrades and bug fixes and stuff because it's really annoying to work with. I still use the Processing IDE which is simply not fit for such a big project but porting to proper java in a good IDE would require a rewrite...

As you know, I too have had problems with not being able to make it run on my PC.

But I have seen it in action in some of your videos.

I really hope you keep working on it for your own interest and enjoyment.

It looks great!

It's absolutely an original concept.

When I get my new computer I really want to be able to use it.

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Updated first post with newest version, 1.1.4 Beta. It doesn't have all the features I'd like it to have, but I won't continue updates to it due to time constraints and having a lot of other projects to work on. This was one of my first programming projects and it shows in the code. It's becoming increasingly harder to work with the structure in an IDE that is clunky to use. I'm working on and off on something that reuses the concepts that have grown inside of IldaViewer. At this rate I'll have something finished in about five years :P

Also, here's a long overdue video tutorial. I hope it gives some insight in how to use some of the more powerful features...

Edit: I made a mistake! For the Fit RGB to Palette button (in sequence editor), the 64 colour palette needs to be selected in Palette Editor.

All steps for fixing an ilda file with a wrong palette:

* Load in the palette with the original colours in the palette editor (eg. 256 Ilda.png)
    * Load in the faulty Ilda frame. If the palette that was used in creating the frame is active in Palette editor, it will automatically use the correct colours. If not, select the correct palette and click Recolour Frames
    * In the Palette Editor, select the default 64Ilda.png palette (I skipped this step in the tutorial)
    * In Sequence Editor, select all frames and click Fit RGB to Palette
    * In Export to File, export as format 0, don't include palette
    Last edited by colouredmirrorball; 05-13-2018 at 10:44. Reason: added video

you bloody legend! this software is fantastic!!

Been trying to get some ilda files out of Laserworld Showeditor all day to play on an sd card on my laser projector with no success! until i found this program!!

This program let me convert the ilda files out of Laserworld into the Ilda Type 0 format which is the only one that works with my laser.

THANKS CMB, YOU ARE A LEGEND.

For anyone else with that is trying to do the same as me, here are some instructions I wrote for myself.

"Prepping ILDA files

1. open laserworld showeditor by selecting a HEB File
    2. select a figure
    3. go file -> save figure as ilda
    4. when asked would you like to optimise, say yes
    5. choose a filename and select ilda file type 5
    6. open the file in ilda viewer
    7. export as a ILDA FORMAT 0"