Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Red: The new Blue

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

edison...

speaking of red... we need to talk at some point.

indeed we do, but you do take every opportunity possible to give the hard sell - buy buy buy

not annoying at all...

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    advice, options whatever you call it. He has a crap red i read and i though i jump in. Selling is something we do here :

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...Buy-Sell-Trade
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I need a new saying, people love piss my shit far to much

umm im going to coin bellchop or ginger face
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

He can have the Chinese one for free but that won,t help since the divergence is way too high even its a 1 watt. I will bring it to the LEM and see if someone needs it. Maybe i can trade it for a nice cold beer.

Edison, are you offering advice or trying to sell stuff, I cant tell?
    Andy, could you also point that out to the boss aka Mr brenner here? His giving advice and promoting his new scanners. Maybe you missed that thread.........

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...canner-options

(no disrespect to Mr brenner just to make sure we measure with the same ruler in this in this case)
    Last edited by edison; 01-10-2014 at 16:46.

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    I need a new saying, people love piss my shit far to much

umm im going to coin bellchop or ginger face
    I nominate 'bellchop' because it sounds good but I bet it's derogatory as hell.

Hey Graham,

The thing is with those Chinese systems you kind of get what you pay for; not a lot can be said with the existing technology at the moment but Andy and Eddison both have better product than what is in "most" Chinese systems. As you are in Great Britain, it is likely best you go to Visit Andy who I am sure will be glad to help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by laserLips View Post
    With all these exciting new companies offering affordable high(ish) powered laser projectors, red(637) is really standing out as an expensive wavelength. Blue is mega cheap, green is sort of the same, but now it's red that is pulling on the purse strings if you decide you must have the 637nm.

I recently got a 3W RGB from a well know Chinese company. 1.5W of Blue, 1W of Green and a sorry arse 0.5W of Red(637)

Viewing any Que which contains red really disappoints me as I can barely see it (IF AT ALL) in beam shows unless there is TONES of smoke. Where as the blues and even more the greens stand out.
    But surprisingly a white is always a nice white. Why is this? That's not the point though, I'm not overly fussed about whether a white is a nice white, I'm more bothered about not seeing any red in the air when I blast out a red Que.

So I think unless you have over 1 watt of 637, you're not going to get any wow from it. And this is pricey!

I don't understand why this red is more pricey and all the optic stuff and I don't have the brain to work it out but what about 635, is it possible to use optics to correct the divergence? Then we can forget about 637 and enjoy some beams with "OOOOOOO" instead of "OH".

I'm considering my next projector and I need lots of power, but anything with 637 is way to much for me. So I'm probably going to get one with 635 inside. Do you think I still might be disappointed with the divergence from the 635? I'll be at outside venues with beams, but with about 10% of the night doing some graphics as well and the current distance between the laser and a surface is about 40 meters. The distance may also get larger over time.

What do you think?

Cheers,
    Graham

With all these exciting new companies offering affordable high(ish) powered laser projectors, red(637) is really standing out as an expensive wavelength. Blue is mega cheap, green is sort of the same, but now it's red that is pulling on the purse strings if you decide you must have the 637nm.

I recently got a 3W RGB from a well know Chinese company. 1.5W of Blue, 1W of Green and a sorry arse 0.5W of Red(637)

Viewing any Que which contains red really disappoints me as I can barely see it (IF AT ALL) in beam shows unless there is TONES of smoke. Where as the blues and even more the greens stand out.
    But surprisingly a white is always a nice white. Why is this? That's not the point though, I'm not overly fussed about whether a white is a nice white, I'm more bothered about not seeing any red in the air when I blast out a red Que.

So I think unless you have over 1 watt of 637, you're not going to get any wow from it. And this is pricey!
    Have you measured the output / checked the wavelength claims Graham as this sound rather strange to me. I have a Kvant with 1 Watt Blue, 500mw Green, 680mw 637 Red. I certainly wouldn't describe the red as low visibility.

The purple in my avatar is the result of a red / blue mix and these rather poor quality pictures below is 637 red next to the the other colours mentioned above, it certainly doesn't look the weakest colour:

Here its next to the 500mw green and 1W Blue:

Next to white, green and yellow:

These are from close distance obviously.

I don't really have a set budget particularity for the red. I'll be buying a ready made projector. I would like at least 2 watts Green, 3 Blue and a red to match. But I guess the red would have to be be in the same ball park price wise as the G and B. I don't know. Looking at Goldenstar lasers they look like they've come down a lot since last year. The N-RGB5000B looks quite good. This is the sort of thing.
    R>1W/637nm
    G>2W/532nm
    B>2W/445nm USD4200 with DT40pro
    But I think you might start seeing the red in the air but will still look crap against the other colours. Thats why i keep going on about 635.
    The N-RGB5000 is a very nice unit for the money. I've 2 with the 1W 637 Laserwave modules (the 900mw beam specs weren't up to scratch). I'll post some beam shots when I get a mo, but suffice to say that full white is a sight to behold. I really can't complain!
    In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something that no one ever knew before. But in poetry, it's the exact opposite - Paul Dirac

please tell more ?
    whats up with the 900mw specs ?
    i am looking for some single mode red , cant make up my mind, 1w laserwave or the suposedly super tight 1.3w from lightspace

Quote Originally Posted by Pockels View Post
    The N-RGB5000 is a very nice unit for the money. I've 2 with the 1W 637 Laserwave modules (the 900mw beam specs weren't up to scratch). I'll post some beam shots when I get a mo, but suffice to say that full white is a sight to behold. I really can't complain!
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Here its next to the 500mw green and 1W Blue:

Next to white, green and yellow:

These are from close distance obviously.
    I swear... either I have bad eyesight, bad cameras or all bad projectors or something. I never seem to see or photograph things that look as nice as what I see from other people. Joost has been putting a ton of pictures on Facebook recently of things he's selling and, I see pics like this on here pretty regularly and somehow everybodys stuff just "seems" to look nicer than mine. Maybe it's better camera settings. But everything always looks more sharp and vivid.