Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PRIVACY WARNING to ALL Members .

Default PRIVACY WARNING to ALL Members .

On 17th of January 2014 Photonlexicon might change to a new owner without you even knowing, this new owner will have access to all your email addresses and private member to member messages.

If you do not want your private messages read, then you must Login to your user control panel and delete all your message, uploaded files and anything else you consider private.

I did try to contact spec about this but got no answer like usual, maybe I will get banned for warning you all too!.

so no matter what the result will be; in a few days I no longer plan to participate as a member of PL because I do not consider it safe anymore.

Most of all I am thru here with all the bullshit, spam and children who play word games.

For red developments you can find me on other forums and most of you already have my contact details anyway in skype, facebook and email. For those who don't you can get in touch via email.
    Last edited by andyf97; 01-11-2014 at 06:54. Reason: typo

hey andy first of all you should mask your adress to (at) never post emails full, spambots love that kind of stuff.

Second: don't use caps like this it's headache inducing.

Third It's not allowed for a forum to read your private messages without prior notice, they are called private for a reason.

Fourth: If someone uses the power to read peoples private messages for his bussiness gain: this wont last long till it leaks out and someone puts himself in a bad industry position as being an unreliable and unfair businessman.

There is no worry.

Jan 17th huh? That's when the domain registration expires, It's the same date, every year. Thanks for reminding me to check and see if the auto-renew feature is still working.

As far as trying to contact me: I went back through my pm's and email here to October and nothing. So... that happened.

After I hit submit I am going to edit your post to remove your publicly displayed email address because I'm sure you would blame me for the spam you opened yourself up to.

Ban you? Nah. There's nothing I could do that you haven't already done to yourself.

New owner? hahahahaha. Nope. I AM THE WALRUS^H^H^H^H^H^HWARLORD.

Props on picking the right forum though.

tryharder/10

you think a spam bot can't get your email address from that "masterpj1 (at) hotmail.com"

very easy to search for variants [AT] (AT) {at} _AT_ and spaces are not valid characters so can be excluded, I think a very short line of PHP would extract your email address as it is, the best way is to use a captcha based image in the signature and change it often.

Your other comments: there are no rules to prevents a website owner reading his members private messages, they are sitting in a Mysql Table at his disposal. It is at the site owners option if he choose to make use of his members data or not. Very unethical but still possible.

My message is to warn of the possibility; it is the users problem what they do with my warning or there privacy

Happy new year to you.

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    hey andy first of all you should mask your adress to (at) never post emails full, spambots love that kind of stuff.

Second: don't use caps like this it's headache inducing.

Third It's not allowed for a forum to read your private messages without prior notice, they are called private for a reason.

Fourth: If someone uses the power to read peoples private messages for his bussiness gain: this wont last long till it leaks out and someone puts himself in a bad industry position as being an unreliable and unfair businessman.

There is no worry.

Yesterday I deleted all my inbox contents to remove any possibility to read my messages to you which were "marked as unread"; if you have backups you will also see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Jan 17th huh? That's when the domain registration expires, It's the same date, every year. Thanks for reminding me to check and see if the auto-renew feature is still working.

As far as trying to contact me: I went back through my pm's and email here to October and nothing. So... that happened.

After I hit submit I am going to edit your post to remove your publicly displayed email address because I'm sure you would blame me for the spam you opened yourself up to.

Ban you? Nah. There's nothing I could do that you haven't already done to yourself.

New owner? hahahahaha. Nope. I AM THE WALRUS^H^H^H^H^H^HWARLORD.

Props on picking the right forum though.

tryharder/10

Quote Originally Posted by andyf97 View Post
    very easy to search for variants [AT] (AT) {at} _AT_ and spaces are not valid characters so can be excluded, I think a very short line of PHP would extract your email address as it is, the best way is to use a captcha based image in the signature and change it often.
    You'd be surprised how harder it is to crawl the web for that.
    And no that's not how a forum works. For a change like this the site would be required to give the notification to do so.

Account information is in the mysql database and to my recollection the messages are encrypted.

You'd be surprised how harder it is to crawl the web for that.
    Very easy.

And no that's not how a forum works. For a change like this the site would be required to give the notification to do so.
    Site owners choice what he does; its his site after all.

Account information is in the mysql database and to my recollection the messages are encrypted.
    Message cell contents in Vbuletin are text based, passwords are encrypted.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...ivate-messages

ok andy have a great day.

ok andy have a great day.
    You to0o; and by the way keep refreshing the screen and look at my email address.

Anti Spam enough for you?

can you put it next to the unnecessary spam of SpectaTroll laser?

Also: Deleting your message just marks it as deleted in the table
    Last edited by masterpj; 01-11-2014 at 07:09. Reason: more