Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 1W 520nm Nichia Laser Diode TEST

Sorry guys, 520nm at 1600mA and not at 160

Quote Originally Posted by DTR View Post
    Thanks for posting these tests. My stock of these should be here Monday and I will set one aside for testing. I will push it all the way to see what they are capable of and post back with the results.
    Keep up the good work Jordan!!!
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK

Quote Originally Posted by lasertack View Post
    Pretty brave to stock them at this phase of development.

Hope you get good ones.
    Yep but I felt it was worth it plus I only stocked 20 of them and 6 are already spoken for so it should not be to bad of a risk.

Lets be realistic here, 3 or so years ago I was paying £900 for a 1W DPSS green.
    So less than £500 for a 1W diode is not expensive really, considering the benefits over a DPSS head.
    We've just got too used to diode lasers being really cheap.

I'm not buying any more DPSS greens, even if the 520's stay at this price.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

I plugged in the 120mw version in place of my dpss and will never go back again.

Alex -

Danke schön, Nice werk..

Question, how are 'raw, uncorrected thermals' on this puppy? At 1600mA, how 'hot' did yer little mount-blok get? And, performance / thermals, over time / hours? (..Or did I miss that in the data-above (?)... didn't see how 'long' your sample-steps were, assuming seconds? Test-duration?) Lettuce know.

Also, will you / do-you plan to stock Prisms, optimized for 520? The 445-coated's we got from you have done really, really well, btw..

Danke..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Alex -

Danke schön, Nice werk..

Question, how are 'raw, uncorrected thermals' on this puppy? At 1600mA, how 'hot' did yer little mount-blok get? And, performance / thermals, over time / hours? (..Or did I miss that in the data-above (?)... didn't see how 'long' your sample-steps were, assuming seconds? Test-duration?) Lettuce know.

Also, will you / do-you plan to stock Prisms, optimized for 520? The 445-coated's we got from you have done really, really well, btw..

Danke..
    j
    Hi!

All tests were done for 10sec only. I did not make any longtime measurements yet. As no official datasheet is available I did not want to do something wrong.

It´s getting hot as expected. That means it gets hot like the 1,6W 445nm diode.

The prisms you got from me are broadband AR coated from 400-700nm. The losses are <10mW for 2x magnification with this diode.

Alex

Saw it in real life for the first time today.
    The modulation was really nice but I'm missing the intense yellow.
    The Yellow is less deep.

Imagine watching light yellow sand on the beach, that's kinda what I felt like watching 520nm's yellow.
    The divergence is awsome though for a multimode!
    I guess it's a matter of preference when it comes to the yellow and depth of the green though.
    520nm creates great looking brown "shaded orange" though and the brown/orange fading is amazing, not sure how to explain this.

I projected the image which currently is my avatar on guidos system which was single mode and also had 520nm green and it looked really really nice.

Currently though I would not advise the switch, yes the modulation is good but the price doesn't justify it "yet" the color gamut does get affected by it being 520

Thanks for share the test.
    I look carefully and got below info:
    1) 520nm diode is usealbe, although it is multimode, but look like it 's beam and divergence is the of blue.
    2) 520nm is better analogue and life time expected than 532nm
    3) 520nm yellow is not good at yellow
    4) 520nm beam is not as good as 532nm
    5) 520nm is expensive than 532nm
    6) Maybe others can tell us more.
    my questions is "what's your choose?"
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge

Can you compensate for the bad yellow by pallet training the control software?

I'm assuming most software is written with 532nm in mind as 'standard green' but I'm sure I've seen discussion before of "training the software pallet" for projectors with non "standard" colours or more than the three rgb lines...
    If in doubt... Give it a clout?