Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Only G/B projector question.

Question Only G/B projector question.

I build the G/B projector.
    How can I red laser signal sent to the green or blue module?
    Only software or other solutions.
    I Can't be linked directly with the red mark on the green or blue module, because 5+5v =10v.
    What is the perfect solution?

Hi Whiteg

5v+5v only =10v when connected in series. you would be connecting them in parallel which would keep the voltage but increase the current.
    Cheers

Colin.

Anyone wanting to be a politician, should automatically be excluded from being one!

You should be able to set your software controller to rout the output accordingly... rather than hard wiring you system as you may want to add a red laser at a later date.

I know you can in Pangolin software and am pretty sure you can in LSX and Phoenix... but not completely certain.

Any users of other software feel free to chime in here...
    If in doubt... Give it a clout?

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

yes. you can do this with LSX.

i often configure LSX to bleed a little green into the 445 so the blue is a little lighter. it's very simple from the color control screen.

Quote Originally Posted by WookieBoy View Post
    You should be able to set your software controller to rout the output accordingly... rather than hard wiring you system as you may want to add a red laser at a later date.

I know you can in Pangolin software and am pretty sure you can in LSX and Phoenix... but not completely certain.

Any users of other software feel free to chime in here...
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Intresting, but I need the electrical drawing to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMax View Post
    Hi Whiteg

5v+5v only =10v when connected in series. you would be connecting them in parallel which would keep the voltage but increase the current.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteg View Post
    Intresting, but I need the electrical drawing to see it.
    Of what exactly? I was merely trying to point out you had it wrong about how voltages combine if you connect two positives together that have common negatives.

Ok try this. take two AA batteries. Measure the voltage of each one separately. Now connect them together in line positive of one to negative of the other. What voltage do you get across the two?

Next stick them side by side with both positives at the same end, stick a piece of bare wire across the positives and another piece across the negatives and measure the voltage again across the two bare wires. What do you get?

I can tell you what you get is the average voltage of the two individual batteries. For example. If one cell was 1.4v and the other cell was 1.2v the voltage you would get is (1.4+1.2)/2=1.3v

Is your projector TTL or Analogue? if TTL, you would get (5v+5v)/2=5v with both Red and Green inputs on. With Analogue, if Red was at 50% and Green was at 75% the voltage would be (2.5+3.75)/2=3.13v (rounded up).

Connecting the Red +ve to the Green +ve and the Red-ve to the Green -ve will not raise the voltage above the highest value of the ether of the two individual colour inputs (ie 5v). What you do get is an increased current capacity. But as the current drawn is dependant on the resistance of the circuit you are connecting to, there wouldn't be any more drawn than if only one feed was connected.

If you are at all concerned about connecting the two feeds together and you can effectively do the same thing in software, then don't connect the feeds together.
    Cheers

Colin.

Anyone wanting to be a politician, should automatically be excluded from being one!

WolfMax, this is the worst advice I've ever seen! What you are explaining is just wrong. Just because it might work for batteries (I wouldn't recommend it though) because of the internal resistance doesn't mean you can apply this to anything!

@whiteg, please do not follow his advice. If your DAC is not equipped with series resistors on the outputs, you will permanently damage your DAC ...

I need the electrical drawing to see it.
    Gabor!

Your solution is something like this,the opamp summer circuit:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	summer amp.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	41954
    Connect the red signal to the Vin1 resistor,and connect the blue or green to the Vin2.
    The output of the OPAmp can goes to the Laser driver's input (green or blue,depends what did you sum with red).
    But is only prevents the grapics from empty,non visible color(what originally contained red).
    You might not will be satisfied with the main result...
    forgot:You can use 1/2 LM358 with 5-12V single supply voltage.
    Last edited by epyn; 01-20-2014 at 06:07. Reason: add tech infos

Quote Originally Posted by FourDee View Post
    WolfMax, this is the worst advice I've ever seen! What you are explaining is just wrong. Just because it might work for batteries (I wouldn't recommend it though) because of the internal resistance doesn't mean you can apply this to anything!

@whiteg, please do not follow his advice. If your DAC is not equipped with series resistors on the outputs, you will permanently damage your DAC ...
    I have one question. Does the output line from the DAC reduce to GND or just absence of voltage? If it is GND, then indeed my thoughts on this are shit and I apologise profusely for my ignorance. If it is an absents of voltage, then the output transistor would surely handle the same 5v on its emitter that it already has on its collector.

All that aside, I was initially trying to point out that 5v in parallel with 5v doesn't make 10v. I just got carried away for which I also apologise.
    Cheers

Colin.

Thank you for the drawing
    Quote Originally Posted by epyn View Post
    Gabor!

Your solution is something like this,the opamp summer circuit:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	summer amp.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	41954
    Connect the red signal to the Vin1 resistor,and connect the blue or green to the Vin2.
    The output of the OPAmp can goes to the Laser driver's input (green or blue,depends what did you sum with red).
    But is only prevents the grapics from empty,non visible color(what originally contained red).
    You might not will be satisfied with the main result...
    forgot:You can use 1/2 LM358 with 5-12V single supply voltage.