Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UK ShowLEM 2014 - Should there be one this year?

Hi Steve

No worries, I was more thinking the cost per person would be quite a lot with only a few present. We really need at least ten confirmed attendees to make it worthwhile, any more than that is a bonus that reduces the cost per head even more.

I'll give it a few more days before pulling the plug completely, although time is getting relatively short to be booking the hall. I have to confess that it would be nice to run it, but it's a fair effort and I don't want folks feeling obliged to attend if their heart's not really in it.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Hi Jem

If this happens in July I will certainly do my utmost to be there. Im away most of June... damn holidays again.

Cheers
    Kev
    Move toward the light!

Hi Kev

Thanks, but I think we'll give it a miss this year. We can always revive it next year if the support is there. We've had a good run really, especially as it was only going to be a one off event.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Awwwww shucks , looks like showlem is retired .. its my favourite meet too , but even so , any meet at the moment is difficult to attend so could not commit , but still sad to see ... Im sure it will come back though !!
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Quote Originally Posted by Lasermad View Post
    Awwwww shucks , looks like showlem is retired .. its my favourite meet too , but even so , any meet at the moment is difficult to attend so could not commit , but still sad to see ... Im sure it will come back though !!
    I feel the same way, particularly as it seem Very Unlikely I will be able to make the UKLEM in Surfleet this weekend

Well, the thing is that we could always run it... However, once we get down to low numbers the cost per head becomes excessive. Couple that with the fact that there is always someone who can't make it for one reason or another and the already expensive cost goes even higher.

I'm disappointed to have to make this decision, but we can always review it next year and resurrect it if there's enough support.

@Paul... Would be really great to meet up again, we miss you at the LEM's.

@Steve... That's a real shame, was looking forward to a catch up.

Cheers

Jem