Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EXTREME interest in lasers. Anyone in Los Angeles want to show me the world?

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Hadn't heard that acronym for Boat but, it's perfect! Gotta steal that one!

That one has been around so, I can't take credit for it but since you own a boat, you know exactly what it means! I am always pouring money into mine in some way, shape or form. Fuel, alone, almost meets that quota!
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

I have a few systems I can show you my time has been very limited in the last year not a lot of time for lasers. Mainly work . Shoot me a PM with your contact info and I'll hit you up.

I really want to check out some lasers and DACs before purchasing one.
    It's a bit of a haul from LA, but the NWLEM in Portland is coming up this weekend. If you fancy a road trip (or can snag a cheap flight), it would be a great learning experience for you. There will be several different projectors and controllers set up, and you can play with the hardware and ask the owners questions about their gear. (Plus it's a hell of a lot of fun!)

Looks like you can get a flight for around $300, so it's something to think about anyway...

Adam

It was just over a year ago when I had the opportunity to re-kindle my ancient (25-year old) interest in lasers. Fast forward $30k and a year later...

Welcome, Anthony, watch them eyeballs.

Holy crap Rick - was it really only a year?

Damned... You've got some nice kit for only being back in the business for a year. Well done!

And yeah, it's a money-pit hobby, that's for sure. Abandon all hope of financial solvency for all who dare to enter PL...

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by ArcDevilz View Post
    I have a few systems I can show you...
    Yes! I can attest to 'Arc's systems being both legal, and in great-shape.. Can't speak to 'price', etc, but I recall seeing a couple units that would make great 'training wheels'..

PS - Not 'ignoring you', just been on several hardcore-deadlines, recently, and.. now, have yet-another, before Mon.. We'll talk soon, I'm sure..
    ciao
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Holy crap Rick - was it really only a year?

Damned... You've got some nice kit for only being back in the business for a year. Well done!

And yeah, it's a money-pit hobby, that's for sure. Abandon all hope of financial solvency for all who dare to enter PL...

Adam
    Thanks, Adam. Part of staying away was simple economics. Just happened to be the right time as Steve was looking to retire. I'm happy to have missed all the ion glory days as I'm sure I'd be in the poorhouse as a result. Even catching the tail end of the dpss heyday I've still got easily 5k tied up in 532. At the end of the day, though, I love both the fun of designing/operating and the satisfaction of a wowed crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by hitekvoop View Post
    I love both the fun of designing/operating and the satisfaction of a wowed crowd.
    Amen to that, brother!

Dude, any chance you could jump on a plane to make the NWLEM this weekend? Gonna be a great time man... (Orbitz still has round-trip flights to Portland for just over $300...)

Adam

Tempting as that may be, Adam, I'm in the midst of buying a house and every penny counts at this point.