Thread: Bank recommendations?

Default Bank recommendations?

I don't think this could be farther (further?) off topic, but I need a new bank for my business. I am currently with PNC, and when it comes to my personal account they are AWESOME. However, their banking policies for business accounts are TERRIBLE, and aside from having my personal account with them, I see no reason for staying.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I don't know if they are in your area but Artesians Bank in this area (Delaware) is supposed to be very good for business accounts. I'm guessing you are looking for something with a local branch though.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Bank of America perhaps. I'm in the process of ditching PNC, they bought my local bank and pretty much ruined things. I will say they have great coverage in the Eastern US out to St Louis and down to Florida. However I'm going for a national chain.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

..fwiw, For us, been happy with B of A, they're (usually) pretty-liberal when it comes to 'clearing deposits' w/o holds, etc, once you've established a relationship.. Occasionally, they'll throw a 'wild-card hold' for 5-7 days, worst-case 10 (ie: if over $10K, etc..) but most Dep's are usually avail. next day.. They offer a couple different ways to waive 'maintenance-fees', also, w/ min# of 'bank card' transactions / month, if you aren't able / planning to keep a 'min balance' (..like ~$5-15K, depending on 'type' of acct.) to do-so. Biz-Loans are pretty-liberal, also..

..Online Biz-tools (Pay a Supplier / Freelancer, via online-Wire / EFT, etc..) are good, and work right off yer phone, even... They also offer 'snap a pic of yer check / it's Deposited' right off yer phone, too.. (..though, I'm personally not too-keen on that one..) and they also offer a 'free' Card-scanner / app (like 'Square') so you can accept CC's, w/o a 'merch-acct' / monthly-fees, etc.. (..imo, tho, 'Square' is far-better.. Awesome-simple / works great..)

..Though I know, I know.. they're part of the 'Axis of Evil'..

Have-heard decent things about Chase, also, but.. never tried them, so, can't say.. Wells Fargo is not too-far off-base from BofA's policies, but.. don't know if you guys have got 'WFB' up there? Anyhoo..

fwiw..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Thanks for the info guys! PNC has some pretty ridiculous fees (it costs twice as much to wire from my business account as it does my personal account), and they won't even consider a business loan until I have been in business for 3 years, even with a personal guarantee (by then, I won't need one!). I'll check out B of A when I get back into town.

-Eric