Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: OPHIR 20C-A-1-Y Wiring

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Carver, MA.
    Posts
    197

    Default OPHIR 20C-A-1-Y Wiring

    Hello,

    I am trying to figure out the wiring for this OPHIR 20C-A-1-Y sensor:

    ophir_wiring.JPG

    The data sheet shows this:

    ophir_data.JPG

    but it doesn't identify pin 1 or pin order.

    I believe it should be wired like this

    ophir_wiring2.jpg

    but I would like a second set of eyes to confirm or correct me.

    Thanks,

    ED

    The wiring above is wrong! See below.
    Last edited by ekeefe; 01-28-2014 at 18:05. Reason: Image shows incorrect wiring

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    972

    Default

    The correct pin identification with the original Molex connector wire
    colors is as follows....

    BLK = -V
    BRN = Ground
    RED = +V
    ORA = Signal


    Jerry
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

    New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW


    Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Pin one is the square pad here:
    oAkTQLn.png

    but the order on the datasheet is not the order of the connector, it's v-, com, v+, signal.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Carver, MA.
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Hello,

    Thanks!

    I wired up my sensor as you both described. It is working correctly.

    I have updated my drawing to indicate the correct pinout

    Attachment 42058

    Thanks again for the help.

    ED

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •