Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: DMX control with QS or LSX?

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    LSX' DMX implementation is a bit cumbersome as you need to place an event for every channel and every change in configuration (but you can use expressions which is cool).
    Yup, but I've been putting the DMX events into SFX Loops which allow me to group up to 32 DMX changes into one loop. I build them once, put a comment string above them to indicate what they do and keep them in a separate show file that I can copy from and paste into my current show.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Sorry, but I feel still a little bit misunderstood: I already have Hyperport Pro and LSX and just want to know, how to get them working together.
    ILDA output works fine, but any way to activate DMX output ?
    If I have to add an DMX-device, this one wouldn`t do the job ? http://www.enttec.com/?main_menu=Products&pn=70302
    Thanks so far...

Also would be nice, if the "mysterious drlava" sometimes could show up, to answer such fundamental questions about his software.

Quote Originally Posted by LightFox View Post
    Sorry, but I feel still a little bit misunderstood: I already have Hyperport Pro and LSX and just want to know, how to get them working together.
    ILDA output works fine, but any way to activate DMX output ?
    If I have to add an DMX-device, this one wouldn`t do the job ? http://www.enttec.com/?main_menu=Products&pn=70302
    Ah, OK. Well, I suspect you are the first person to test a Hyperport Pro with LSX. I have 5 older Hyperports that list DMX out as a feature. I think through a serial port and a dongle of some sort, but I haven't ever tried it with Mamba or LSX.

In any case, I believe LSX only supports DMX King and Enttec Pro devices currently. The Enttec device you linked will not work. You need this one or this one. The later is the same price as the one you linked and works well in my experience.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Expensive hobby..... Does someone need Medialas M3 or ILDSOS software ? Are quite obsolete now due to my latest purchases.