Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on SELEM 2014 pricing - need input

Hello,

If you want to try your hand with helicopters, get this:

http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...rodID=EFLH1250

This helicopter is also included in the simulator I posted about before.

Depending on the quadcopter, some are programmable and fly by themselves.

Just like anything worth doing, it is very rewarding when you figure it out. Just remember, you are the one paying for the rewards.

You are correct about this being like crack. For example, just the batteries for the large helicopter I posted above are $400 for the pair. The battery charger I use is another $200. The helicopter kit itself was $1500 without the radio (That was a little over $400 too). It adds up.

Now imagine, all those dollar signs heading straight at the ground at >100mph.

R/C helicopters can get expensive. Don't get started...

But if you do, get a simulator. That is all. We can take this to PMs if you like.

ED

Hello,

I see I was too late.

ED

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Yup.

But... and I've said this before.... that's it! Done! Not buying anything else! Today.

Looking forward to seeing you at FLEM!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

but wait... what about all these cheap high power laser modules?

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    But... and I've said this before.... that's it! Done! Not buying anything else! Today.

Looking forward to seeing you at FLEM!
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I really enjoy recruiting first-timers for SELEM- I have yet to be NOT thanked by them for my efforts- lone exception was two newcomers, who sadly had a delay getting there and also had to leave early and their complaint was not REALLY knowing in advance how much they were going to be missing out on. - When TEXLEM Houston happens I plan to be on-site if possible for week (camper trailer). Or at least very near.

About the attendee fees: I tell them that paying up ASAP can be the thing that makes us follow through with the rest- and I bet some who paid & were not able to make past events were fine just making that into a donation , i know that is what i would do. -- We paid 40$ for front row seats at the last PF in Houston- for what? a one hour show we had seen before?

so far i think there are at least 6 or 7 new guys (between both forums)who just happened to be living so close its a BIG shame if they don't do SELEM.

I do wish however to some day make Burning Man but that would mean missing a SELEM- ----tough choice- len

Don't get Phoenix RC sim if you don't want to get hooked - that's what got me. It's a great sim, and absolute necessary tool to have.

How are helicopters related to lasers? Well, they aren't but strap on some night blades and you can draw some pretty neat spirograph images:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Night Flight.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	319.9 KB 
ID:	42224

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    but wait... what about all these cheap high power laser modules?

Nothing else related to flying 'copters and such.

I didn't say anything about lasers!

Even attending for all the days its hard not missing something. I saw a ton of great shows in the auditorium but missed out on alot of the crazyness at Club SELEM. Missed a few of the lectures I wanted to see and missed out on what ever they were doing with the liquid nitrogen or dry ice or what ever was going on with that. Wish I could have been a fly on the wall in every room so I could have seen everything. Overall though the things I did see and take part in were fun and I am ready to pay for this year already. Might not be able to make it for all the days this year but I am going to be there.

Also this year sounds like we may need a 3 hour block for LSX shows.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFang View Post
    Don't get Phoenix RC sim if you don't want to get hooked
    I totally agree!

ED