Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Caribb-LEM Mark II: March 7th-17th 2015 - details here!

Somehow I got unsubscribed to this thread.. strange. Anyway, I'm now in the $10 VIP lounge at SAP waiting for my 4pm flight. $10 for free wifi, one free drink (SalvaVida for me), a small lunch (quesadillas) and a snack. And comfy chairs and new-age muzak pipped in. A pretty good deal to kill 2+ hours.

The week was awesome all around.. glad I took the leap of faith and went. Looking forward to "Mark III".

I'll post some pics and videos when I get back stateside.

Can't believe the week is over already. It went by far to quickly - the planning for MKIII will have to start soon.

Thanks for everything and see you soon.

Cheers
    Rich

I guess Honduras doesn't really want me to leave ("I'm leaving tomorrow.. no you wont"). My flight is now delayed until 5pm. Which means I'll have spend 8 hours at the airport so far. Thus VIP lounge thing is really paying off!

What can I say? An absolutely superb week.
    I'll chuck one or two photos up when I'm back in the UK, Thursday.

But in the meantime, thanks to all for making it a jolly good time. Anyone on the fence about thinking to go to a future one; absolutely go for it, it's bloody brilliant!

Special thanks to Adam + Rich for their organisational efforts, and to Rich again + dive shop crew for putting up with numpty divers like myself; couldn't have improved any of it.

Cheers,
    Dan
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Alllllmost home. What a week!

Would definitely recommend Caribb-LEM to anyone thinking about going. I barely made it work but I'm glad I did. The downside is I seem to have picked up an expensive hobby in the process.

Saw some barracuda, eels, a ship wreck (sunk as an artificial reef), and many other tropical fish and reef creatures.

Till the next one!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I got in about 11:30 last night - or at least to work and my banquet captain was still here so spent an hour filling me in on everything. They seemed to do a really good job holding everything together even with some really bizarre small issues so... MarkIII is on baby!

People.... plain and simple. If you were on the fence this year... don't let CarribLEM if it happens again, pass by without jumping on board. I had no interest in the Caribbean before going and after the first day, I told work I wasn't coming back and to find another manager. And yes... I have actually looked at real estate MLS listings. (Adam... I found a cool place on the north side we can score for $50k! Needs a little work but down there.... what doesn't?!?)

More pics and vids to follow but, also need to make sure to include a big "Thank You" to Rich, Sarah and everyone else for making this happen. That island lifestyle is quickly addicting.

@Jonathan - Keep in mind a fully blown scuba kit will certainly cost less than a projector! The expense is in the travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Seriously????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX-H-zF9PJ4

I still don't believe I'm doin' this.
    OMG, this video makes SOOO much more sense now!!

and didn't one of the guys that produced the video take some of the group diving

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Yes... and I see a few of the other "suspects" in there too. Wonder if Adam can spot Grace. I did.

Brad -- saw this product today and thought of you.. you seem to like always having a camera or video attached to your belt, but getting it on and off is a hassle... check out these products:

https://www.thegrommet.com/peak-design-procapture

Just something else to spend money on.