Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Caribb-LEM Mark II: March 7th-17th 2015 - details here!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Rich, I'm sending you a PM with a link for an opinion. I'm not buying it just yet - unless you tell me you can get it at a great price.

Quote Originally Posted by neutrino View Post
    The BC will absolutely matter as it is size dependent. The regs, however, will/should be fine
    The thing is I'm not that much bigger than Brad & when I got the stuff I was even thinner 155 lbs. The BC uses straps and huge Velcro for adjustment. I think it will fit him just fine.

Brad I can bring what ever you are interested in to FLEM for you to see and try for fit if you want.

Chris

Smile

The only real difference between Brad and Chris is one of height. As far as chest measurement I suspect they are very close. So yeah, a BC that fits Chris will probably work for Brad. (Small size) A wetsuit, on the other hand, is probably not going to fit.

As for the "If you Come to Utila" video, yeah - Ginsky (the guy that made the video, and the one in the middle who is briefing the divers on all the cool fish they will see) was one of the divemasters on our first trip. I have to admit that I didn't recognize him at first though. Later in the week, when we saw him at the Skid Row Bar working as a bar tender (and running the sound system too), it finally clicked. I spoke with him briefly about it, but he was really busy serving drinks so I didn't want to bug him too much. Would really like to sit down with him at some point and just chat though.

One interesting point for those of you who dove the Haliburton wreck: Remember the blue bicycle on the sea floor near the bow (port side)? The one with the basket on the front that Faye told us had been down there about 6 months? That bike is in the video! Ginsky actually rides it off a roof and into the water! It's the same bike. Check it out.

Brad: you said you found Grace in the video. I'm not sure it's her. Are you referring to the gal on the float near the end of the video? Can you give me a time stamp?

For sure there are lots of familiar landmarks in the video, including the Coral View Resort. By the way, don't forget to log into Trip Advisor and rate the place. Search for "Coral View Utila" to get both the dive shop and the resort.

I love the fact that everyone is getting interested in diving after the Caribb-LEM trip. I take no responsibility for further purchases, however! For the record, now that I am a certified rescue diver, I'll probably pick up a decent dive computer from Rich before I return to Utila. I also have a shorty wetsuit in the garage somewhere that should still fit. Not sure yet if I'm ready to buy my own BC and reg yet or not though.

For those of you who didn't make the trip, you really missed out on a fantastic experience. I'll post some videos later, but I've got shots of a pair of spotted eagle rays, a stingray, lionfish, flamingo tongues, and lots more. Also, there were dives that I didn't have my camera with me (such as the night dive) where I saw lots of other cool things, including morey eels, lobster, huge crabs, and even an octopus! Then there were the two awesome laser shows we put on, plus the great food, and of course the pub crawl (which I opted out of this time, but will probably take part in the next time).

Sure would be great to have 15 or 20 people down there next time! But even if there are only 4 or 5, we've proven that it's always fun on Utila!

Adam

I think I may be wrong. I've gone through it again frame by frame pretty much. I "think" it was one of the girls around 3:31 to 3:34 that jumped out at me in full speed as being one I recognized and thought was Grace. I'll look again later to be certain.

@ Chris - assuming you can get it in the plane, sure, bring it along!

Ok.... here it is. For those that went, if you want to escape the every day doldrums and randomly go "back" every once in awhile, this is one of the best vids I've seen so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUzFfegFoms

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I "think" it was one of the girls around 3:31 to 3:34 that jumped out at me in full speed as being one I recognized and thought was Grace.
    Interesting. I thought the girl at 5:02 looked more like Grace, but I'm pretty sure it's not actually her.

As for the girls at 3:31, they didn't really look anything like Grace, at least to me.

Adam

I started a thread in the Buy Sell area for the Scuba Equipment I'm selling.

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...332#post310332

Chris

Found this on facebook looking for something else:

Utila Power Company · July 3, 2015 ·

All they had to do, was to ask us for the key to use the community electric outlet @ cheppe beach. It lasted longer as I thought but now it is not available anymore, after they vandalized the electric box and the outlet will be removed today to avoid an hazardous situation due to possible shocking of peeled wires. please do not ask UPCO anymore for an electric outlet, it is not going to happen anymore!
    https://www.facebook.com/UtilaPowerC...type=3&theater

Aw man... That's the power pole we used for the outdoor laser show when we were there last year.

I hope the power company will change their minds if we come back for another Caribb-LEM. It would suck if we didn't have power for the lasers and had to cancel the beach laser show!

Wonder who vandalized the box?

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Aw man... That's the power pole we used for the outdoor laser show when we were there last year.

I hope the power company will change their minds if we come back for another Caribb-LEM. It would suck if we didn't have power for the lasers and had to cancel the beach laser show!

Wonder who vandalized the box?

Adam

I kinda figured that was the only source of power on the beach that we used. How many total amps were available? It's hard to believe that the entire show, lights, lasers, all the band equipment, amps, and all the other equipment was powered by just that one box.