Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Caribb-LEM Mark II: March 7th-17th 2015 - details here!

Sarah has just been doing a bit of looking online and has found some pretty good deals for flights

New York to San Pedro Sula - NYC-SAP $474
    Houston to San Pedro Sula - IAH-SAP $561
    Houston to Roatan - IAH-RTB $630

Those are good rates! I'm looking at around $580 to fly from Charleston to San Pedro Sula with one stop in Miami. (Same flight I took last time.)

Reminder to everyone: Caribb-LEM Mark II is just 3 months away. Now is the time to book your flight and get your room reservation with Rich. They only have a limited number of rooms, and when they are gone, they're gone!

Also, remember that this will be the last time we will be able to do this for such a discounted rate. Rich has already moved his family back to the USA, so he won't be living on the island anymore. What's worse is that his sister Sarah is planning to return to the UK next year, so she won't be available either. Rich is actually flying back to the island in March just for Caribb-LEM to make sure everything goes smoothly for us.

So sign up now, because this is probably the last time you'll ever get to visit Utila for rates this low! (Not to mention the fact that it's going to be one HELL of a good time!)

Adam

Checking in on this,

Are there still rooms available?

My schedule just opened up during the Caribb-LEM Mark II dates and if I can afford to make the journey out there I just might!

Yes there are still rooms available
    Let me know when you want to make your reservation so I can get you hooked in.

Cheers
    Rich

What is internet access like on the island?

Also, is there a list of who's going?

Yes there is Internet. Although it is not the fastest it is functional.
    Buffo has the list of those that have expressed an interest.

Smile

Here is the master list of people I've spoken to regarding Caribb-LEM Mark II. This list was last updated in September, so some people's plans may have changed since then.
    EDIT: List updated as of the end of 2014 (New Year's Eve)
    EDIT AGAIN Final list as of 2/26/2015.
    Also note that if at least half the people on this list decide to go, that is already more people than we have rooms for. Long story short, the rooms will probably sell out this time.

CONFIRMED AS ATTENDING:
    Adam Burns (Buffo) - Flights and room booked (Just me though, wife can't attend)
    Johnathan Rhem (Platinum) - Flights and room booked.
    Brad Billet (Bradfo69) - Flights and room booked
    Hank (Hankloydwright)) - Flights and room booked.
    Daniel Briggs (Danielbriggs) - Flights and room booked.

Can't attend:
    Cody (Picasso) - Last minute conflict; he can't make it
    Rick (hitecvoop) - Scheduling conflicts, can't make it
    Randy Rivers (Stuka) - Can't make it this year
    Niel Pobuta (Icecruncher) - Probably can't make it
    Jim Martin (Runs Peachtree Laser inc) - Two laser shows during Caribb-LEM! Can't make it
    Chris Short (Swamidog) - Just not possible
    Jeremy (Jem) - Can't make it this year
    Mark Edger (Imagelight)- Too much on his plate at the moment.
    Chris Tate (Lazerjock)- Can't make it
    David Kumpula (dkumpula) - Conflict with family schedule, can't make it
    Casey Stack (Runs Laser Compliance Inc) - Can't make it
    Fred Blockland (Astroguy) - Can't get time off work
    Doug Freeman (Mophead) - Going on vacation the week prior, no vacation left
    David Zurcher (DZ) - Can't get the time off
    Ed Keefe (ekeefe) - Can't make it
    Newlin Parker (lulighttec) - Can't make it
    Mario Moore (Ragdoll) - Can't make it
    Shawn Beulieu (Swawnb) - Can't make it - work conflicts
    David Frankus (Counfunkula) - Can't make it - work conflicts
    Greg Southerland (Displaser)- Lots of work pressures; can't make it.
    Aron Bacs - Really wanted to come with his children, but school conflicts made it impossible.
    Ethan O’Toole (Telmnstr) - Can't make it this year.
    Greg Makhov (LSDI) - Was very interested, but work conflicts prevented him from attending.
    Jeff Burnside (rgb-gas) - Can't make it.
    Frank Echanique (Flecom) - Can't make it
    Chase Bennedict (SELEM venue rep) - Was super interested, but conflicts with school means he can't come.
    Adam Raugh (araugh) - Just got off vacation and can't miss any more time from work. Really wanted to come though.
    Dan Goldsmith (X-laser) - Really wanted to attend, but work pressures are too great - can't get away.

Lost contact:
    Andrew Esther (laserlackey) - Very interested, but never got back with Johnathan or me; apparently he can't come
    John Murphy (Polishedball) - Very interested, but never got final word back; apparently could not make it
    Jim Young (Jimboy3625) - Never got final word back; apparently could not make it.
    Ray Philpot (pitts) - Never got final word back; apparently could not make it.
    Peiter (MasterPJ) - Never got final word back; apparently could not make it.
    Paul Berthot (Clandestiny) - Never got final word back; apparently could not make it.
    Ian Zajkowski (Ireedz) -Never got final word back; apparently could not make it.
    George (JJspike) - Never got final word back; apparently could not make it.
    Ash McFadden - Never got final word back; apparently could not make it.
    Richard (Soforene) - Concerned about his safety, needs more information

Never got response from:
    Tim Walters (trwalters) - e-mail sent - no response
    Francesco Van Loon (Netherlands Pango dealer) - e-mail sent - no response

Never managed to contact:
    Rob Stanley (Stanwax)
    Marc Arotsky (Gottaluvlasers)
    Chuck Raugh (Digisynth)
    Matt Polock (works with Chuck on Digisynth)

So out of 45 people, we got 5 to attend. Damn - I thought we would do better this time around. For those who can't attend, I am really sorry. You're going to miss a great event!

But for those of us who will be going, it's GAME ON in just over a week! Gonna be a blast, I'm telling you! Now I gotta go pack my SCUBA gear...

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 02-26-2015 at 15:41. Reason: Updated status (final)

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Damn.... that's a hell of a list. I'm curious who the guest is I was going to bring with me.

I also don't recall saying 100%. I'd move me to the 75% category. I still can't find my passport and it's probably expired so I need to get on that soon. Yes, I've looked at flights and yes I'm trying to figure out work arrangements because, as often happens, that particular week is becoming more heavily booked than any around it of course.

And truthfully, I'm (still) wrestling with the fact that it's really not my scene. I've always wrestled with that - with the first trip and now this one. I've simply never had one bit of desire to go to the Carribean. Same with the idea of going on a cruise. It just doesn't interest me. I'm a lake and mountains guy and always have been. The beach/ocean holds my interest for about a day every couple summers. I would MUCH prefer to be spending the money towards going to a UKLEM. The issue is, I don't necessarily want to miss the experience of being with the people. I look at that potential list and have to admit to myself it would probably be one of the most fun and memorable weeks of my life. I also wonder if, once I was actually there, that feeling of disinterest would give way to understanding what it is people like so much about it. The money has been set aside for a long time just sitting on my dresser so, that isn't the issue. Maybe it's the fact I don't "relax" well. Anyway.... enough of the first cup of coffee musings. That's merely where I'm at with this right now. I'm still probably "in", just not particularly excited about it at this point.
    Last edited by Bradfo69; 12-04-2014 at 07:13.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Chris Short (Swamidog) - PM sent on PL
    sorry, i missed the PM. i would love to go, but there's a 0% chance of that being possible.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.