Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Caribb-LEM Mark II: March 7th-17th 2015 - details here!

Am I the only one who looked at Buffo's list of people he's spoken to about CaribbLEM and thought "Damn! This guy talks to a lot of people!"??
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Adam is omnipresent.

Among other things.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Damn.... that's a hell of a list. I'm curious who the guest is I was going to bring with me.
    It was going to be the drama-laden ex-stripper MILF, if my memory serves me correctly.

On a more serious note, you and I haven't spoken in depth about the Caribb-LEM since before SELEM, so your information on that list was probably a little stale. But yeah, you actually said "100% on board" at one point.

I'm a lake and mountains guy and always have been.
    The lagoon out back is like a small lake, and while I wouldn't call them "mountains", the interior is very hilly. We have horseback riding, hiking, and cave exploration listed among the activities to appeal to those who don't do the "beach" thing. (And also fishing, waterskiing, and other non-diving activities for those that like water but don't dive or snorkel.)

Maybe it's the fact I don't "relax" well.
    If you want to be frenetic, we will just put you in charge of the lasers for the beach party. That should keep you busy! (700 half-naked islanders dancing on a darkened beach for hours on end... My kind of party!) Then too, if you bring a guest, maybe she can show you new ways to relax.

All that being said, in my opinion the SCUBA diving is the best part of the trip (apart from the great company of course). If you've never tried SCUBA before, this is the place to try it, since the diving doesn't get much better than Utila. On the other hand, if you have already tried SCUBA and don't like it, then I can see why you might be having second thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    Am I the only one who looked at Buffo's list of people he's spoken to about CaribbLEM and thought "Damn! This guy talks to a lot of people!"??
    That's part of an organizer's job. No one wants to be the first one to sign up. So you talk to a lot of people and try to get a feel for who is interested and who isn't. Then you go from there.

Being that this is an international destination, I wanted to talk to a lot of people (at least as many as I normally do for SELEM) up front to see if there was enough interest to pull this off. That's why Rich asked me to help out with this event in the first place.

But yeah, I do talk to a lot of people. Fortunately, some fine folks here have been taking some of the load off me over the past few years, but back around 2008-2011, I was spending an average of 30 hrs per week, every week, here on PL.

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    Adam is omnipresent.
    Well, maybe a little... But certainly not as much as I used to be!

Among other things.
    ahem....

Adam

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Slight correction. Drama laden (kinda) ex-stripper MILF was the 1st CarribLEM. Haven't even had any communication with her since April.

Sigh.... yeah, I'm probably still "in". I even bought some new clothes for the trip a few months ago. That post sounded a bit negative and I didn't mean for it to sound quite that harsh. But it is truthful as to why I can't seem to get all excited yet.

Watch SCUBA end up being some silly new addiction I end up dumping thousands on.

I'll blame you.

I plan on attending this time around. Sounds like it's really not to be missed!

- Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Damn.... that's a hell of a list. I'm curious who the guest is I was going to bring with me.

me! me! me!

in exchange I will make a valiant effort to prevent you from buying anything/everything lol

Still don't know if I can go ($$$) but I have to renew my passport anyway

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    me! me! me!

in exchange I will make a valiant effort to prevent you from buying anything/everything lol
    Provide evidence you now look like who I was taking the last time and I'll give it consideration:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edited.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	366.3 KB 
ID:	45570 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	connie.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	45571

90% I'm in for this (Single occupancy). Just have to confirm flights and maybe borrow some scuba equip from a friend of mine.

Smile

Hank, they have all the SCUBA gear you need right there at the resort. Unless you're talking about something specific like a dive computer, there's no need to bring any gear. They have everything, right down to the weight belts.

Also, just a note for those who like to snorkel... They will let you borrow masks, snorkels, and fins to go snorkeling off the dock for free.

Since the whole island is ringed by a coral reef, all you have to do is wade out a few feet from the dock and you are right on the reef. Looks like this:

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Hank, they have all the SCUBA gear you need right there at the resort. Unless you're talking about something specific like a dive computer, there's no need to bring any gear. They have everything, right down to the weight belts.
    Oh yeah, you've said that before. A good friend of mine was really into SCUBA a few years ago, and she bought a full complement of gear.. so in fact it was her dive computer I figured I'd borrow just to have it in case I needed it, as well as any other dodads she might have that I can use.