Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Caribb-LEM Mark II: March 7th-17th 2015 - details here!

YOLO! Ok, flight is booked. I may get my PADI certification locally so I'll be ready to go.

Great news Hank.
    If you are not certified yet then there is another option too. It is possible to do all the theory online ahead of time so all we need to do on Utila is the pool and ocean dives. This is a great option and worth considering.
    Send an email to info@coralviewutila.com if you want more information about going this route.

Cheers
    Rich

For those that are now making their bookings we forgot to mention in the original post that we will need a $500 deposit to secure your reservation.
    Adam, if you read this maybe you can add it to your first post.

Cheers
    Rich

Rich;

I've updated the first post in the thread to add the deposit information. Also, I'll be booking my flight this weekend.

Adam

Flights booked!

Looking forward to sitting on the beach and throwing a beeping pager into the ocean! (Environmental impact disclaimer: I'll probably just find a rock that looks like a pager for this exercise..)

- Jonathan

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Sigh... I just PM'd Rich about deposit instructions. I got the money to renew the passport as a Christmas present. I've bought new shorts/shirts/shoes for the trip and was looking at Go Pro's today.

But I ain't happy about it. Think I'll be kicking and screaming until about day 2.

Awesome to have you along Brad!

I'm also getting (or borrowing) a Go Pro.

I will have my GoPro with me, along with a head-mount and a stick for using it while SCUBA diving. (Bought that in Hawaii last fall, and it worked GREAT!)

My flights are booked. I'm flying Delta this time (so routing through Atlanta), but I still get to SAP about the same time (12:30 PM) I will be arriving a day early though, so I can give Rich a hand with everything before everyone else arrives. (Rumor has it that we may have a downtown conference hall available to us this time!)

Still need to get up with a bunch of folks about this event. Fred (Astroguy) and his wife Dee were both thinking about going the last time we spoke. (He hasn't been diving in years, but he used to do it all the time.) Frank (Flecom) is seriously considering it too.

Also, I'm still trying to convince Daniel Briggs to go, but the cheeky bugger is begging off due to work conflicts.!.

I have a couple of extra GoPro's at the resort that I am happy to lend to anyone that wants one whilst diving (or for any other activity for that matter). They are great little units for underwater use.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Crap... I'm running out of excuses. I just finally found my passport and it doesn't expire until Sept 6, 2016. I guess that means I'll have to put the money mom gave me for Christmas for getting a replacement towards my room or sumpthin'.

I suppose it will still be good for getting to a UKLEM too so.... score!