Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Giant Laser Has Produced Nuclear Fusion

No wealth to gain? Is human experience & knowledge not wealth?? We are explorers, we SHOULD go to Mars. The cost to send 4 astronauts to Mars is estimated at about $6 billion. While that IS a lot of money, Russia just spent $51 billion on the Olympics, making a trip to mars a STEAL!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    Give me one good reason to go to mars (and justify its ROI)...
    martian disneyland.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mmm.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	42241
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiffler View Post
    No wealth to gain? Is human experience & knowledge not wealth?? We are explorers, we SHOULD go to Mars. The cost to send 4 astronauts to Mars is estimated at about $6 billion. While that IS a lot of money, Russia just spent $51 billion on the Olympics, making a trip to mars a STEAL!
    hehe explorers? we are nothing but short living consciousness filled beings hurtling through space and time on a ball where we "think" we are an important evolved species. There again...you give "money" its validity as if it is equal to a butterfly or a 500 year old tree. If you want to be an explorer... find a shaman and take a DMT trip through the cosmos on ayahuasca and you never have to leave the log you are sitting on. You will experience more than ANY trip to ANY planet and you will gain knowledge and spiritual wealth that can not be measured.

@ Swami - now thats what Im talking about

had to edit - added "filled" after consciousness
    Last edited by Laserman532; 02-15-2014 at 10:51.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Laserman,

While I respect your opinion, I could not disagree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiffler View Post
    Laserman,

While I respect your opinion, I could not disagree more.
    thats cool...different strokes for different folks
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Laserman,

As I think you understand we are in agreement in much of this. Where I do not think you understand my position, probably because I have not generalized it enough, is that Mars is not really significant. Humans evolved to do as they do because for the vast majority of their desperate existence to do otherwise lead to fewer surviving offspring. Throwing quantum mechanics, nuclear weapons and antibiotics at societies that are only 1000 years out of the stone age is like giving machine-guns to monkeys. A lot of bad stuff is going to happen. This planet is a pressure cooker and as the populations increase and the technologies improve we move the focus of our efforts from controlling our environment and dealing with the discomforts and challenges there to jostling with each other for space and our instinctive desire for dominance.

Personally, I am much more attracted to people that want to explore, create and share (watch my videos) than control, take and destroy others to promote their decedents. The problem is the former are less able to defend themselves from the latter and as the pressures mount their contributions will be lost. We need space to run and evolve without the control of a dominating authority. We used to be able to do this by walking over the next mountain range. Now these very words are being recorded and analyzed. This is not cool.

@ planters - we agree FAAAAR more than you may perceive...I just think a handful of monkeys visiting another planet is about as useful for evolution of our species spiritually as giving them machine guns...which is what we have now...Greed and ego..."I do not know how the Third World War will be fought, but I can tell you what they will use in the Fourth — rocks!" - Albert Einstein circa-1949
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

I don't think humans are fundamentally good or evil, but posses both qualities. What I want is the potential for good to have a "fighting" chance and based on the way the world is moving I do not think it will be in the mano a mano competition for power that we see now. I am not talking about "visiting" another planet. I am talking about leaving this one for good. Galt's gulch is a quaint idea, but it doesn't and almost certainly can't exist. But, a civilization or many evolving for a thousand years without any direct contact with current societies would indeed provide the room for enormous opportunities.

who gets to go?

who pays for them to go?

for the sake of brevity...ill add, Galt's Gulch does exist, it is a state of mind, and it can be a place in each persons experience.
    Last edited by Laserman532; 02-15-2014 at 16:21.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Not too long ago people on the other side of the world were 100% certain that if they sailed too far from shore, they would fall off the Earth. I sure am glad that an Italian sailor convinced the Spanish monarchy otherwise.

Who goes is not important, going is important.