Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Other hobbies and money-pit obsessions...

You people are sick! I can't believe you do these ridiculous things....Lol....Naw who am I kidding. I am just as bad if not worse.

I'm into:
    -RC of all types including boats, cars, airplanes, gliders, combat, helicopters, quadcopters, FPV, jets and blimps. I even get paid to fly professionally every once in a while. This year makes 15 years in RC.
    -I just finished building an arcade machine loaded with all of the classics PacMan, Gallaga, Asteroids, Space Invaders.......Love it.
    -I used to race my Suzuki motorcycle, but had to sell it.
    -Scuba diver
    -Pilot & Cessna owner
    -Halloween display
    -Christmas display
    -HO & N scale trains
    -Wave runner
    -Sold my Honda 4 wheeler a few years ago, but ran the heck out of it for a decade.
    -Home brew (not Beer)
    -Newest endeavor: 3D Printer & 3D Scanner

It is amazing how similar our interests are. I wonder what the common denominator is?

Chris

That's one hellova pocket-rocket !
    Hobbies mm .. m'kay:
    Lasers (yeh, really) gas and solid state,
    Recording studio
    Writing / playing music
    Electronic design
    Art
    Playing guitar/ Bass/ keyboard.. a little)
    Mechanical design
    (used to) HO scale race cars
    (for a little while) RC helicopter (crashed too much, couldn't maintain the upkeep :P)
    Hot Rods - 69 Camaro and 79 Trans Am
    (used to) pyrotechnics (while in band)

Attachment 42374

The money pit that comes second to lasers (not far from it money wise)

Saltwater aquaria.
    "This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

Nice one, JD3. I used to do that as well; a 135G and a 70G, both packed to the brim with soft, LPS, SPS, xenia.... I should find some pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    It is amazing how similar our interests are. I wonder what the common denominator is?

Chris

Cars, and motorcycles mostly, but I've dabbled in numerous hobbies over the years. Almost too long to list.

Biggest money pit hobby, women.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    ...got into gardening. ...Built a greenhouse that's still in the back yard..
    ...well, at least you have a head-start on a 'sure-fire retirement-plan(t)' once MJ is legalized..

PS - Think I finally figured-out the email-wierdness.. Check yer inbox / Lemme kno..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Yes, received. And being digested. I will say though that you dangled the magic word, I've been holding out hope to hear all this time. And I think that applies ointment to the wound.

That turbine on a mini bike made my day. Knowing how they sound I can see why you turned so many heads going down the street!
    Remember those turbines can sometimes experience wet starts, I'd hate to see you (literally) burn your arse LOL.
    What an interesting life you lead, interesting places you have lived.... I'm guessing your into Manufacturing, Engineering or something like that...
    Thanks for the laugh!

-Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Datsurb View Post
    // .. with my gadgets, metalwork and soldering for a few hours during the weekend. This for me is quality time, and resets my head, to be ready for everyday business at work.
    That's one of the best explanations I've ever heard .. Hobby time does that for me too >> "resets my head, to be ready for everyday business at work."
    That's great !! Very insightful and profound ! I'm gonna tell my wife that the next weekend when the "honey-do" list comes up ..

Where is Smogthemog? Didn't he have a home-made turbo-jet engine strapped to a go-cart chassis at some point?

Either way, that little mini-bike looked cool as hell.

Adam