Thread: Help with installing a pot on the Y signal to control scan angle?

Default Help with installing a pot on the Y signal to control scan angle?

I have a laser with a show card and would like to scale the y axis to control the scan angle so it isn't so large when running in auto mode (off the show card) and not off ilda input..

How do I choose the proper pot and how would it be installed? I am guessing it would install between the show card and the y scanner signal input.. just not sure of how to choose the proper pot and how it would wire in to be effective.

Use a 20-50K multiturn linear pot. Connect the show card's signal out to one end of the pot and ground the other end. Connect the wiper of the pot to the input of the y scanner. This assumes your signals are single ended (signal and ground) and not balanced (+sig, -sig, gnd).

I am going to grab one and will let you know how it goes. THANK you very much. Seems simple enough.

50k worked like a champ once all 3 inputs were wired up. I also was able to install a 1m on just the signal wire, without grounding the 3rd pin) and have it also scale the axis 80%. But I am going to stick with the 50K cause it give 100% scaling.

Thank you very much! Now I can take this laser to a house party at a friends house and run it in auto mode. Previously I had to take my laptop and use the ilda inputs, otherwise the huge y axis would cause the laser to shine down and in peoples faces. This makes my life much easier and less gear to carry over to a friends house. Now I just need my hazer, 1 laser and power cables.

Far out! Have fun!

50k worked like a champ once all 3 inputs were wired up. I also was able to install a 1m on just the signal wire, without grounding the 3rd pin) and have it also scale the axis 80%. But I am going to stick with the 50K cause it give 100% scaling.
    We are the pioneers in learn a language.com learn french dumps and tutorials with http://www.learnalanguage.com/ exam pass guarantee. Download our latest test king ccie Babbel questions to pass real exam of mcitp training in Learnamericanenglishonline