Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: cheap sd card projector, software and ild formats

The installation RAR file that is the Windows app that makes CTN files for the SD card reader is corrupted on my SD card.

Could someone please send me the installation files, preferably in a good old ZIP file?

I guess there are three files, one is the app, one installs some Windows gadgets and one is the instructions, mostly in Chinese.

Thanks in advance!

So far I have LaserBoy reading and writing CTN files (sort of).

When I load the LB written files onto the SD card and try to show them, the galvos move but the lasers don't come on.

I have to admit, for less than $200, this thing is pretty neat.

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

UPDATE:

I am able to read and write CTN files that work on this projector!

For some strange reason however, I cannot use any of the frames that are included in in.ild that comes with LB.

But if I draw any new frame data, it works.

I have no idea why.

That's pretty aggravating!

But, at least I can get it to display new art!

So I'm going to goof around with this a little bit more and probably release a new version of LB that can read and write CTN files for these SD card readers.

James.
    Last edited by james; 03-08-2016 at 10:10.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

I GOT IT!

Weeeeeee!

I can now make all kinds of cool stuff for these SD card readers in LaserBoy.

I'll be releasing a new version pretty soon with instructions.

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

New version of LaserBoy now available.

Makes really nice CTN files!

Even fixed up the little glitches.

Check it out!

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

I have put a lot of work into making this CTN thing work as well as possible and I think the results are really good. If you have one of these SD card readers and you want good results, let me me hear about it here.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Hi James,

Do you have any instructions on this , I am using the latest LB version , unfortunately I am not able to find how to output to CTN

thank you in advance

The first thing you want to do is import the settings file ctn.wtf.

i to imput
    7 for wtf
    ctn.wtf [enter]

Now all of the settings in LaserBoy should be good for CTN files. There is a new setting on the x menu, option d that tells LB to automatically apply optimizations to the output of ctn files. It should be set on.

All you have to do is save individual frames, selected frames or the whole frame set as a CTN file by hitting

o to output
    5 for ctn
    1, 2 or 3 for what you want to save
    file_name [enter]

Then look for the ctn file in the ctn folder inside of the LaserBoy folder.

WHOAAAA! Hold the phone! I do my development in Linux. When I try to save CTN file from Linux it works fine. When I try to save CTN file from Windows I get a blank dot on the middle of the screen. That's not good! This night take me a while to figure out. The code is exactly the same for all operating systems.

Upon further investigation it seems like the minimize function is eating all of the points (but only in Windows).

QUICK FIX work around:
    In menu x set option b to allow lit black (on).

Escape out of menu x.
    Hit o to output.
    7 for wtf
    ctn [enter]

to save the settings.

This works!

Now I have to figure out why there is a difference between Linux and Windows.
    Last edited by james; 03-15-2016 at 11:37.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

FIXED IT! (new version)
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

For people with SD card reader projectors, you can forget about all the weird instructions that came before about using LaserBoy and the chil effect and so on.

It's all taken care of in this version of LB. Just let LB do the optimization for you, make the CTN files and see the results.

I hope you get some good use of it.

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    For people with SD card reader projectors, you can forget about all the weird instructions that came before about using LaserBoy and the chil effect and so on.

It's all taken care of in this version of LB. Just let LB do the optimization for you, make the CTN files and see the results.

I hope you get some good use of it.

James.
    It works perfectly and the output results to on my "My effect ll"
    I post pictures after I find out the setup for the camera