Thread: anyone around albany, ny?

Default anyone around albany, ny?

laser meeting? id love to get to know some people around here.

Lightbulb

Heya Garrett -

Quote Originally Posted by DSOTM1973 View Post
    laser meeting?..
    ..Again (from the 'rgb-thread, there..) Our East-hub is in Roch, there, but not there all the time, and the DSLI_East laser-dudes are mostly 'on-call', etc, so.. Best-bet, will be for us to comm / PM, etc, and see if you can 'come out', when I'm in town, next.. Or, (downstate..) there's also John H. ('VJ AIWAZ', here in PL..) ..great guy, knows his * and is 'just down the road' in Brooklyn

..As-to 'laser meetings', there was-brewing a 'NE (North East) LEM' (Laser Enthusiast Meeting), but.. If you have not-yet 'heard the Gospel' others, here, will encourage you to start saving your pennies to go down to NC in August for 'SELEM' (South East... ) which is the 'largest' US-based 'laser-meet', and, heh, is quite the rollcking good-time... There, you'll get to se *all manner* of pjs - 'Pro' models, 'Chijectors' and home-build rigs, all alike.. Search the forum for "SELEM" and you'll see what I mean..

Anyhoo, next time I'm up in NY, sure, happy to chat / meet-up, as-able (I'm usually pretty- crunched for time, when in NY, tho..) and happy to help / chat advice, etc, as-able.. Oh, and if you ever get out to CA, you've got to get up to our shows in Oakland, where you can see stuff like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLjizf8KWVA ..and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_vbI_uq2rU ..and this http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...022#post280022 ..We're (kinda just a-little) PF-nuts, too..

..anyhoo, Happy Photon-Trails, and will catch ya on down the road..
    cheers..
    j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 03-07-2014 at 16:21. Reason: link fix
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

ah man, i have no problem traveling cheaply, but getting the time off from work for these events is near impossible. i have a radius of about rochester to nyc tho with some month or two heads up. at some point i will cross paths with someone on here im sure. jon, thanks for the good information youve left in both of my threads, hopefully we can work something out. and for the record, i have an undying love for the Disco Biscuits and i am a local to the Camp festival. i blame them and their laserists for my obsession, along with growing up listening to floyd(saw you got that reference). id love to meet the laserists who run the Bisco show.

Cool, and U Bet.. I'll give ya a bump when planning on being in NY, next.. (will be, for sure, in July, if-not sooner..) re: Bisco, ya, not sure.. We actually bid on that gig a buncha years-back, but, got 'scalped' by some undercutter-Co, and just never bothered to try again.. Got better trout on the line, anyway..

cheers..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

You guys missed the NELEM. Shame on you. It was a great party, and show.

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...648#post294648

On top of that they went sailing on the Charles river from the MIT campus for free. In fact it was all pretty much free. Chip in for pizza for the boat ride, and bring a side dish to the event. Fearless (Rick) really stepped up and provided an awesome event. The only downside was a lack of forum members.

You have a years notice now, so no excuses for next year. I hope to see you guys there.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK